• 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Ack, it's time, no peeps or pips yet
I was reading the threads and saw that instead of putting the crossing fingers emoticon behind my sentence, I accidently posted the one who is laying down and laughing....OMG...I am so sorry, it was a typo!!!!! Which I've corrected!!!!

I meant this:
fl.gif

Any new developement???

We've had a warm up here and the snow and ice is melting fast. So humidity is way way up. I'm dry hatching a set of eggs in a Brinsea Mini but the house humidity is up to 60%. Dehumidifier isn't really an option with my floor plan so I was wondering if anyone had tried putting a little cup of uncooked rice in the bator to try and pull humidity out of the air. I know if you drop your phone in water and seal it in a bag of rice the rice will dry things out, a friend did it! Wondering if it would do the same from air? Thoughts? Hatch date is next Tues. Thanks!
This may have been answered in later postings....I am behind a couple of days. I am struggling with the same thing! Two feet of melting snow and in the fifties, and sixties the last couple of days. I candled night before last and think my air cells are too small, I lock down tomorrow and have not been adding any water for the last two days hoping to increase the size.

We are so cute! I am kinda worried about this guy though, she was attached to her shell for a while and when the stuff came off a clear yellow liquid seemed to be coming out of her... very alert though and mobile! We also have 3 external pips, the one I mentioned earlier has not made any progress since I posted :( and the second has made some, the third hasn't even gotten a piece of shell off yet but I can see the cracked area. So hard to keep my hands off these guys lol

I was reading the threads and saw that instead of putting the crossing fingers emoticon behind my sentence, I accidently posted the one who is laying down and laughing....OMG...I am so sorry, it was a typo!!!!!  Which I've corrected!!!!  

I meant this:  :fl

Any new developement??? 
Lol
1f601.png
that's funny
1f601.png

Nothing yet, but I'll be checking all night

My first ever batch of eggs is officially in lockdown as of 8:40pm tonight. They are due to hatch 3/13. I candled them, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at, though I'm convinced that one was moving at me when I touched its shell.

Wish me luck. I am a nervous wreck.
I wish you all kinds of good luck! It's also my first ever time....I lock my first batch down tomorrow, and candle my other batch in a different incubator, the day after. It will be their 14th day. I am so excited! I have had two power outages since set my first batch of eggs that I lock down tomorrow. Our electric hasn't went out in probably two years or more, back when we had an ice storm.....go figure Happy hatching! I am keeping my fingers crossed for both all us
fl.gif
pop.gif

Hi. I was busy when I started my eggs, but this is my 1st time, too! Our hatch day should be about sat the 14th. Like someone above, I am concerned that my air cells might be too small. Not really sure how they should look. My humudity seems to have been running 42-ish%.

I have 23 eggs of mixed breeds in a lg bator w/turner & fan. Just took them out of the turner tonight, as we are in day 18....I think. My roo is a buff laced polish & various hens. I did get a few donated eggs from a local friend I met on here. Mtchicks, thanks! About 7 of my eggs are blue, and I haven't been able to see anything with candling. I do thing there are a few quitters, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. It kind of looks like the eggs that have been closer to the heater are growing faster.

Anyway, I'd love to cruise through the next few days with you folks. I'm extremely nervous! Good luck everyone!

I have 2 hatched, one pipped the wrong end, he was fading out when I decided to intervene. I assisted the hatch, he (yes, a CL cockerel) is chirping loudly and dragging himself around the incubator, his legs move, but he can't walk. I hope things improve for him, at least the yolk sac was absorbed, he was ready to hatch.

The other chick is a perfect Cream Legbar pullet..
wee.gif
She kicked that shell off like a warrior, she is strong, feisty and pretty. My first successful Cream legbar PULLET that I hatched out of the incubator!!!!!!!!! Tomorow is hatch day. I wonder if any more will hatch?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom