Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
So I set 24 eggs on Feb 18, 3 lavender orpingtons, 3 EE and 18 ameraucanas. On Mar. 8, I locked down 22 eggs after 2 EE eggs turned out not fertile. And over the last 3 days I hatched out all 22 bouncing babies :)

And if 22 babies wasn't enough I picked up 3 white rock pullets at the feed store on wed. Lol but that's ok. My son has claimed them. :p

Soon as this last one fluffs up. I will get a group shot!

I want to know if you can see through those blue/green ones. I was not able to see anything with mine. If so....what's the secret? Maybe I did it wrong. Thanks
I found a small flash light at Walmart the other day on clearance for fifteen dollars, it is 240 lumes (I know it's spelled wrong) I have all different color eggs, and can see in them with it.

I candled last night, day 6, and out of my 48 eggs I am down to 32. I think more of them than I pulled were clears but if I saw ANYTHING at all that might be a tiny vein I kept it. I cracked them all to make sure and nothing but yolk in the ones I pulled. The majority of the ones I pulled were Dorking eggs so I started with about 28 of those and am probably down to a dozen or so. Unfortunately though most of the ones I sympathetically put back were Dorking eggs, the others (Cochins and Easter Eggers) are definitely developing nicely, veins everywhere and I even saw an eye in one. The Dorking eggs are from two different breeders so I guess they just really are tough to get going :( I think there were two or three where I definitely saw something so hopefully I'll get atleast one Dorking pullet to add to my current pair. This is my first time incubating with development, my first try was a total dud, so I am super excited to have anything happening at all! It will be hard to wait another week to check them again!! I'll probably end up caving and doing it again over the weekend :)

That pretty good I haven't found one higher than 150 lumen. I'll have to check Walmart.
Hmm...now I'm wondering if it was 140, I'll double check. It can be attached to a headband to make a head lamp, or be used as a flash light I just checked, it was 240. They have even brighter ones online!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom