Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Today was Day 14 for my small batch. Fingers crossed for this next week! Congrats to everyone who's had a successful hatch so far!

today is lockdown for my second batch in March, i already have 4 pips! none of my malays ever developed. what is set to hatch will be 100% D'uccles, -both mailed and home grown eggs.i have been getting some surprises (not all good) from my personal d'uccle breeding program.

I must say, I have followed along with a few past hatch a longs and I was excited about getting my turn to be in one.. this has been a bit of a let down compared to past ones. I wish everyone great luck with your hatch, if you can't get answers on this thread about hatching questions, just post on the main thread. Someone is always happy to help
wink.png

Every time I have eggs in the incubator or baby chicks in the brooder, the power goes out unexpectedly. At least it was only out for a few hours this time. I'm getting pretty good an keeping the eggs warm with bottle of hot water!

Today is day 8. All of the eggs from my rumpless Araucana were not fertile. Her feathers are getting a bit soiled. I would suspect that is the problem. She'll be getting a trip to the "grooming parlor" as soon as this horrible weather lets up. There are still 37 egg in the incubator that look great!

Boy, good job keeping your babies warm! I have 11 babies that have hatched over the last few days. One is unzipped & resting now. Hopefully it gets out ok. I have 7 more that have been looking good this whole time, but I'm beginning to wonder about. Will be day 24 starting at noon. Will probably leave them in bator & on for at least 1 more day & see what happens.

Already gave 3 of what I think are pullets to a friend. Probably will keep the rest, unless I find someone that wants a few....close by. Sooooo cute! Good luck every one!

this morning i woke up to 2 babies, but one is not good. it has its 'ins' out. i put it back, bottom side down, into the larger part of the egg and mummied it in TP. does it have any chance of survival? i see no yolk, just abdominal organs.

Day 8 candling showed development in 8 of 9 d'uccle eggs. I'm excited about that, because two are pullets. 12 of 17 on the Polish. A little disappointed, but my rooster definitely has his favorites

this morning i woke up to 2 babies, but one is not good. it has its 'ins' out. i put it back, bottom side down, into the larger part of the egg and mummied it in TP. does it have any chance of survival? i see no yolk, just abdominal organs.
If it's really intestine, and not the waste sack that often comes out of the shell, then no, I don't think your chick has a chance. Infection would kill it if nothing else did first. Is it protruding at the vent? Does it look like pinkish-gray worms, or stringy white-gray-red?

Back
Top Bottom