March hatch along

Hi everyone, I love looking at everyone's pics :)
Well don't if I killed all my eggs ? Only today have I realised I set my eggs in the wrong way ! So using the brinsea mini, I set the fat end to the outside !!! Have now turned them the right way :/ then I forgot to top the water well up :barnie
Think I will deffo call this a dummy run :)

So, I set a few eggs late yesterday. I'm a relative newbie at this and haven't had the best success in the past. I've decided to give the "dry" hatch a go and see if I can improve my hatch rate. A few Ameraucana, some welsummers (I love the way these guys look), and a few marans. Here's wishing us all good luck!

Hi everyone, I love looking at everyone's pics :)
Well don't if I killed all my eggs ? Only today have I realised I set my eggs in the wrong way ! So using the brinsea mini, I set the fat end to the outside !!! Have now turned them the right way :/ then I forgot to top the water well up :barnie
Think I will deffo call this a dummy run :)
Neither of those slight miscues should cause any problems.... If the eggs were good going in they should be fine. When are you planning to candle?

So, I set a few eggs late yesterday.  I'm a relative newbie at this and haven't had the best success in the past.  I've decided to give the "dry" hatch a go and see if I can improve my hatch rate.  A few Ameraucana, some welsummers (I love the way these guys look), and a few marans.  Here's wishing us all good luck!
Welcome aboard and good luck!

My eggs go into lockdown tomorrow night! I so can't wait. 24 still going out of 30!!
fl.gif

Neither of those slight miscues should cause any problems.... If the eggs were good going in they should be fine. When are you planning to candle?

Phew ! I checked them all before setting them. 1 I didn't set as it looked really thin shelled ? So cracked it into dish and had the fertile white spot in .
I might try and candle this evening ? I've been looking at pic of day 4. So hoping I see some little bit of hope x

Last night at the conclusion of day 5 I decided to do a spot check candling. I just couldn't stand it any longer. I checked 15 of my 36 eggs and saw textbook development in all but 1 of them. Air cells look great and Strong circulatory systems visible. They aren't moving yet, but by tomorrow night when I do my full 7 day candling I bet they'll be flipping like little acrobats.
This makes me feel less apprehensive for having rinsed off my eggs prior to setting. I like it much better having all the eggs clean, but I have been worried to death about it.
I'll try to get some pictures at my candling tomorrow, but I didn't get any pics of the spot check because I used the flashlight on my phone to view the eggs. I'll get a light today while I'm out.
Yesterday, A neighbor that I rehomed my turkey with brought him back to me, and to make it even sweeter, she brought a lady friend for him too! I have those two in close quarters so HOPEFULLY I'll get some fertiles saved up from them by the time these eggs are done.
Hope everybody has a good day!

I got to set my eggs yesterday got slowed down a bit with some horse business haha but they r in there and there is 21 of my green eggs 6 spangle 3 rir and 4 from an old hen that is very meaty hoping to get some nhce sized meat birds going and I will also add today's see how many I get hope all ones we'll :D

Back
Top Bottom