March hatch along

Okay. I just candled and my OWN air cells seem a tinge small to me, but not on all eggs?? My guy says don't start messing around with humidity at this point (day 16)..

What say you guys?

I have no information for you. I'm sorry...I'm just kinda going along as I get a feel for it. I've read and read...and this is the way I prefer to take it. I'll probably be able to be more scientific at it later on in the game. Right now I'm just trying not to *microwave it*. I wasn't sure I wanted to put slang like that here....I never have really understood that particular idiom anyway.

Okay. I just candled and my OWN air cells seem a tinge small to me, but not on all eggs?? My guy says don't start messing around with humidity at this point (day 16)..

What say you guys?

I'd take the water out and let them evaporate some if you are that worried about it. My rule of thumb is the cell should be 1/3 of the egg at lock down. As long as they are close to good I think you'll be alright. The only ones I've personally ever have drown at internal pip had really small cells, like day 7 small.

Okay, thanks guys. They are nowhere near that small IMO, and I too prefer to go on instinct above science lol. I'm better off not intervening if possible because I overthink things when I do.

Hey guys wish me luck! My first batch all ended up quitters (I don't have an incubator so I use broodies) Because the hen wasn't fully broody. I've now got 5 fully broody hens, 4 on 10 day 2 eggs, and one on 10 eggs with movement (not sure how for along (v_v) so I'm kinda excited. They're mixes we have sex link (two are broody!!) BO, Easter Eggers, and different breeds in there. I plan to buy silky eggs to hatch later in the year :)

Last edited:
Hey guys wish me luck! My first batch all ended up quitters (I don't have an incubator so I use broodies) Because the hen wasn't fully broody. I've now got 5 fully broody hens, 4 on 10 day 2 eggs, and one on 10 eggs with movement (not sure how for along (v_v) so I'm kinda excited. They're mixes we have sex link (two are broody!!) BO, Easter Eggers, and different breeds in there. I plan to buy silkier* eggs to hatch later in the year :)

*My phone does it to me too, girl....

Back
Top Bottom