March hatch along

Yahoooo! Babies finally. So happy for all of you!!! For day 10 and after don't do anymore opening until lockdown unless you get a stinker. Candle on day 18 crank up humidity put top on and check through windows only don't open you can do it be strong. I am on day 10 too what are u hatching?

Well here are some pics of my wrap up for you. I wound up with 25/30 that went to lockdown, but I left 2 behind in the incubator because they were weak. One of those died last night, and the other has a deformed foot, so I'll probably end up culling it anyway so I don't run the risk of that flaw carrying on in future generations.
23 are happy and healthy and playing in the brooder though.
so for the pics:

one last shot of the bator while they were all hatching

Then a couple of them dried and fluffy in the brooder. I wound up with lots of roos. :(

My husband just called me at work.

There is a certain Brahma in my bator that will be out of the shell very shortly!!

OMGosh, I could DIE!!!

Yippee.
wee.gif

Well here are some pics of my wrap up for you. I wound up with 25/30 that went to lockdown, but I left 2 behind in the incubator because they were weak. One of those died last night, and the other has a deformed foot, so I'll probably end up culling it anyway so I don't run the risk of that flaw carrying on in future generations.
23 are happy and healthy and playing in the brooder though.
so for the pics:

one last shot of the bator while they were all hatching

Then a couple of them dried and fluffy in the brooder. I wound up with lots of roos. :(

Amazingly cute!
yippiechickie.gif

I had to throw out 28 duck eggs which won't leave me with a good hatch rate, most of them were developing and then died.
I can understand having to throw out infertile eggs, but why have so many died?
Could it be a problem with the temperature or humidity?
Thanks.

I have pics of the 15 chicks that made it. They are all NN, only 2 hatched on their own the rest I assisted out.

Group shot waiting for their individual pics

There is one I still am concerned for, but seems to be better tonight then this am.

Back
Top Bottom