Mareks? Mites? Help Please!

She has passed. It’s not the first time I’ve lost a hen put it was so hard watching her condition worsen. She was fine the 1st few days, but she became unable to walk, and would start eating less even though she loved to eat before. Her name was Camila and she was such a good friend, I’ll love and cherish her forever ❤️❤️❤️. I was able to stay by her side during her last few moments at least.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. Stay well everyone, you and your birds. :hugs

@MedusaSnake I am so sorry you lost Camila. We lost our 11-yr-old Silkie last year. Her wee heart gave out. Never easy to lose sweet birds.

You asked earlier about vitamins for chickens My vet always asks as I leave his office that I'm giving vitamins to my hens. Three different kinds of vitamins we've used: Infant Poly-Vi-Sol no iron (liquid drops) and MissingLink Ultimate Avian Formula (dry powder) and Rooster Booster (crumbles). We used the liquid drops cuz the Silkies would directly drink a couple drops from the palm of our hand and seemed to love the taste -- we'd give it as a treat a couple times a week. Our baby chicks had the Avian dry powder mixed into their chick mash and today we still use it daily to lightly sprinkle into the adult birds wet treats like organic canned corn or canned peas, chopped cucumber, any wet treat, and the Rooster Booster was mixed into layer feed for adults but they scattered it more than they ate it!

Poly-Vi-Sol is found in any pharmacy, MissingLink Ultimate Avian Formula we bought at a pet store, and Rooster Booster was online -- today anything can be ordered online. Because our hens didn't like the Booster crumbles we ground it down to powder form to disguise in their treats (it's gritty is probably why the birds don't like it) so we sprinkle it sparingly into treats.

She has passed. It’s not the first time I’ve lost a hen put it was so hard watching her condition worsen. She was fine the 1st few days, but she became unable to walk, and would start eating less even though she loved to eat before. Her name was Camila and she was such a good friend, I’ll love and cherish her forever ❤️❤️❤️. I was able to stay by her side during her last few moments at least.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. Stay well everyone, you and your birds. :hugs
:hugsI'm sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom