MARSH ROLL-X AUTOMATIC INCUBATOR

goofy98

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 25, 2011
Prineville
I just got this incubator and i cant figure out how to put it all together and its the older roll-x incubator i will get pics to night or in the morning but if you have this type of incubator please help me out.

Last edited:
Hello there !
I am using this first time for hatch and cant seem to get the humidity level up to 70 % NEED suggestions PLEASE !!!

It's hard to get this incubator up that high. If you can get 65 percent you should be good unless your hatching duck eggs. You could add a damp sponge but there's not a good way to add water to it without opening the incubator. If you have it located in a room that is isolated you could add a humidifier to the room to increase the ambient humidity in the room which will increase the max humidity you can achieve in the incubator.

Rhonda, I also had trouble getting my humidity up. I finally inserted sponges in the bottom and this worked for me. Put the sponges in the first or second watering tray where they will stay moist throughout the lockdown. I hope you had a good hatch.

I have also found that the customer service representatives at Lyons are extremely helpful. I had one lady give me her personal cell phone number to assist me on a Saturday, as we were having trouble just getting my hygrometer to read (kept drying out) and I was in a state of panic over possibly burning up my babies inside the eggs. The resolution was applying a lock-tie to my wick on the hygrometer. Pretty simple, but we couldn't figure it out forever!

ok well i think i figuerd it out but i pluged it in and it didint work the fan or the automatic egg turner and i was just given this so :) and i did take pics so here they are.

Last edited:
if you want to sell that one let me know ,could use for parts ,or i may have parts you need.....that is over 600.00 incubator.

just looked at pics again thats a real old one. Not even a soild state, but think i may have a fan ,and auto turner motor..

i kind of collected incubators over the years, roll-x ,turn-x, sportsmans, lyon, hatchrite, jamesway, sears, just a crazy habit i had.

my advice for all those out there in hatch land.....forget those syroform onces and buy yourself a good old one....they last foor years, I have a sears one my dad bought in 1955...it still works.

not really wanting to sell mine........or they would have been on e-bay.......but hey BYC is my internet family.

Last edited:
That is an awesome incubator! I used one in lab and it really can almost hatch rocks. LOL

I know ours was ancient and sometimes you had to fiddle with the fan and turner to get it to work right. Think the turner had a button on the side where you could push it to test if it moved the wire racks.

Back
Top Bottom