Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

"barn junk" and antiques getting pulled out of the attic from Clearspring for Saturday.
thumbsup.gif
This is the 2nd or third "junk guy" to call this week. I always love those booths
woot.gif

Last edited:
Thanks msbear, I can get to Sharpsburg fine - our 4H group stopped at Antietam Battlefield when we took the kids to Washington DC two years ago.

Good to know about the food too....I am crazy busy with work and didn't want to shop for picnic lunch stuff if I didn't have to.

I've had a few people PM me wanting to see pics of the splash silkie pullets that I'll be bringing. I bought these from April (Brody's Broodello). Those of you who know her, know that she is a top quality breeder who raises beautiful silkies and wins many, many shows. These hens are a little dirty but they have not been with a rooster since before hurricane Irene. I did give hen#2 a bath tonight and trimmed her toenails. I never thought that a chicken would let me blow dry her but she did LOL. These pics were taken before the bath.
Both hens were tested Saturday and I got the negative AI results today
smile.png
I am willing to arrange a pre-sale before 9:00 am. I'm undecided about the price so I will accept offers though PMs.

Hen #1

25643_dsc_0396.jpg

25643_dsc_0042.jpg

25643_dsc_0401.jpg

Hen #2

25643_dsc_0402.jpg

25643_dsc_0403.jpg

25643_dsc_0409.jpg

Babies hatched 8/31/11 I'll be bringing them also. There's 4 total.

25643_dsc_0044.jpg

Last edited:
Want ads~~~~
This little duck wants her own drake. Some color only. Please help
fl.gif

46537_new_call_ducks_and_lav_ams_9-2011_059.jpg

Also still looking for Snowy call quad or pair and pastel ducks.

I have a friend that is in need of a turkey hen 6 months old and up any kind he just loves turkeys and she will have her pick of two nice toms.

Quote:
Is she chocolate? I can't tell on my computer screen. I have a chocolate call drake and another that is choc with a white bib...they are definitely pet quality though. I am not looking to re-home any of them, but if you were interested, well, I have 3 call drakes living together in the "bachelor pad" and I'd consider letting one go someplace where he'd have more space--and an actual girl!
lol.png
However, they are like I said not of great call type, so they may not be what you need if you are looking to breed.

Quote:
Well, you said the magic word: Donuts. That just sealed the deal for my non-chicken hubby. All the encouragement he needed to brave a whole day at the chicken swap, right there.
lol.png

Quote:
Is she chocolate? I can't tell on my computer screen. I have a chocolate call drake and another that is choc with a white bib...they are definitely pet quality though. I am not looking to re-home any of them, but if you were interested, well, I have 3 call drakes living together in the "bachelor pad" and I'd consider letting one go someplace where he'd have more space--and an actual girl!
lol.png
However, they are like I said not of great call type, so they may not be what you need if you are looking to breed.

Yep she and her 2 sisters are chocolates.
Can you send me a picture of the ones you have?

With her yes I want a good breeder for her ,but her sisters are not as picky.
tongue.png

you can check them out and my new duckies here.
big_smile.png

http://soaringhawksfarm.blogspot.com/p/guinea-fowl-button-quail.html

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png

Yep she and her 2 sisters are chocolates.
Can you send me a picture of the ones you have?

With her yes I want a good breeder for her ,but her sisters are not as picky.
tongue.png

you can check them out and my new duckies here.
big_smile.png

http://soaringhawksfarm.blogspot.com/p/guinea-fowl-button-quail.html

Yep, I'll send you a picture in the morning, once I can take one. I don't have any pictures of them as adults on this computer.

Your coops are beautiful!! Nice work.
big_smile.png
Of course the ducks are adorable, too!

thumbsup.gif

works for me and thanks. it is great haveing a carpenter for a hubby. I get to put him to work here soon on off the ground duck pens.
He thinks Ive gone duck crazy. just got the white pair,blue fawn,magpies and the grey duck for my boys.(boy really once i pick my breeder)

Back
Top Bottom