Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Coming to Swap with pictures of our chickens so that someone may be able to give us and idea of age and correct color description. We have what my wife calls Gray and are supposed to be a Roo and female, and 3 Red/Cinnamon Buff 2 roo's and 1 girl. all are Silkies. We are looking for some more girls and want to let one of the Red Boys go. we are not looking for show quality, just more cuties. Looking forward to saturday morning. Tom & Beth Smith

Rufus Martin is coming... He's a local chicken celebrity here in Sharpsburg
lol.png
He'll have processed chickens, eating eggs and baked goods from his Bakery in town. (AWESOME DONUTS AND COOKIES)

Last edited:
Two questions I almost forgot to ask -

If I put the address in my GPS will I get there, (if not what do I need to put in so I can find the right place) and

Will there be food vendors or do we need to bring a picnic lunch?

The ad in the Herald Mail last week has recharged the locals. We are having Maryland chicken people popping out from every rock. My publicist (love that
cool.png
..but, she's a lady who works for the ag. dept. and her job is meant to help any agricultural related event or group with their promotions) placed ads in every agricultural newsletter and publication around so.. Lancaster, eastern shore.. all over has heard. A lot of folks saying they are just coming up for the day and shop and aren't bringing anything to sell so I am happy to hear of people like Rufus coming. He'll bring a lot. We'll have a few campers; Crunchie and Baregretchen so, if anyone else would like to get set up early, it's free to camp.

My address will come up on your GPS but, if you can just make it to Sharpsburg, you can follow the signs in .. or ask down at the local gas station or general store.. or ice cream shop. The whole town knows
tongue.png

Oh.. we will have a concession stand with italian sausages w/ green peppers and onions, cheeseburgers, chili, hot dogs, mac and potato salad, country ham sandwiches, etc. ..and, don't forget donuts
wink.png

Last edited:
Seriously, does anyone have one of those giant coffee pots?! I'm sure we are all going to be needing a cup of coffee to get us going, and after we eat a donut (or two). Just put the pot next to my stand and you'll sell out for sure
smile.png

I have just gone through all my chickens and I will be bringing around 10 blue orpington pullets, along with 10+ cockerals both blue and black, barred rock cockerals and 2 pullets and a few mixed breeds for good measure. Not sure how I'm fitting them all in the truck but I'll get them there somehow
D.gif

Coffee sounds like a winner to me.

How early can we get there??

come at 4 am.. I don't care. We'll be keeping the food vendors away from the chickens and setting them up along the stone wall where Tammy, Tonya and myself set up last time so.. save that space for them.

2creeks
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

hmm... coffee.. I don't drink it so didn't think it.. lemme work on it.

Back
Top Bottom