mascoy duck layed eggs in dog house on patio

Hi orca5094 while mom was taking swim I got to count 13 eggs

hi everyone update momma duck is doing great and sitting pretty on her nest , of corase she has room service twice a day, via me, if my dates are right they should hatch somewhere between nov. 13th-16th,very excited to see how many hatch

hi Barbie, moma duck is a wild duck I live on a lake so we have quit a few running around, she feels safe here on my patio cause I've been feeding then sinice they where babys last march when there mom started bring then around, it's been great watching then grow and now they bring there duck buddies for snacks.so I'm sure when the babys hatch she'll move on .hopefully she will bring then back for vists, the babys have a ruff life ahead cause of all the preditors that like to eat then,i'll try to do best to keep them out of danger till they get big enoff ,in past I have seen herons carry off the babys, and it breaks my heart to see the momma so sad nature can be so hard on them. its tough being a wild duck

hi Barbie, moma duck is a wild duck I live on a lake so we have quit a few running around, she feels safe here on my patio cause I've been feeding then sinice they where babys last march when there mom started bring then around, it's been great watching then grow and now they bring there duck buddies for snacks.so I'm sure when the babys hatch she'll move on .hopefully she will bring then back for vists, the babys have a ruff life ahead cause of all the preditors that like to eat then,i'll try to do best to keep them out of danger till they get big enoff ,in past I have seen herons carry off the babys, and it breaks my heart to see the momma so sad nature can be so hard on them. its tough being a wild duck 

Back
Top Bottom