MATERNITY WARD -- Post baby pics of YOUR critters HERE :)

California rabbits

littleCals-1.jpg

Steve in NC

Hopefully, by this weekend, I'll have some baby bunny pics to share!

Last edited:
What's cuter than baby guinea pigs?

P1010049.jpg

P10100502.jpg

P10100553.jpg

I love the one with the little nose stripe.

P1010050.jpg

A past baby. Little cinnamon that I still can't believe topped out at 3lbs.
PA200215.jpg

Delilah and her little baby dwarf hamsters in a bucket while I cleaned their cage.
P1010024.jpg

Ok kittens might rival guinea pigs:
P1010392.jpg

P1010391.jpg

P1010394.jpg

And some "roadkill" I picked up off the highway last summer:
DSC00567.jpg

Don't worry she's recovered. A little brain damaged and odd but fully functioning grown cat now.

Quote:
Oh, they are so cute. Piglets are wonderful. Does Mama get up and walk around? She seems so calm with the babies crawling all over her. When our Mama pig had her piglets, I loved to go down and watch. She was so good with them too. They would lay all over her head. It was just adorable.

She is doing better now. At first she would start pushing her milk down then get all freaked out and get up really fast, almost squishing the babies. Now she is better and ALOT more calm!! She has never been "cuddly" tame but when she is nursing she will let me sit by and watch her, then when she is done I will have to hurry up and grab the babies and put them back in the basket cause she is ready for me to leave lol!!

Quote:
I have 3 hedgehogs and they are in cages BUT not like rabbits. They eat cat food (seriously) and live bugs, fruits and veggies.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31399_dsc02272.jpg

These are my 3 girls... L-R -- Bailey, Satinka and Harriet

I keep my girls in a C&C cage. This has 2 levels... the top level has a guinea pig in it. The bottom is where my girls are. We have actually blocked one of the ends to make it 2 sections -- one 2x2 grids and one 1x2 grids. the 2x2 has the 3 hedgies in and the 1x2 has a disabled female guinea pig in...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31399_dsc01617.jpg

Not the latest photo but you get the idea LOL Hedgehogs in my area run from $175 (for hoglets) and go up... I was fortunate to find someone re-homing some retired breeders for $50 each

aww I still want one. are they soft or pricky? lol. are they "lap" pets? are babies cheaper than adults? AGAIN byc has got me interested in another animal. don't tell Dad
hide.gif

Quote:
I have 3 hedgehogs and they are in cages BUT not like rabbits. They eat cat food (seriously) and live bugs, fruits and veggies.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31399_dsc02272.jpg

These are my 3 girls... L-R -- Bailey, Satinka and Harriet

I keep my girls in a C&C cage. This has 2 levels... the top level has a guinea pig in it. The bottom is where my girls are. We have actually blocked one of the ends to make it 2 sections -- one 2x2 grids and one 1x2 grids. the 2x2 has the 3 hedgies in and the 1x2 has a disabled female guinea pig in...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31399_dsc01617.jpg

Not the latest photo but you get the idea LOL Hedgehogs in my area run from $175 (for hoglets) and go up... I was fortunate to find someone re-homing some retired breeders for $50 each

I am interested in the C&C cage. Can you tell me a little more?

L*A*G* -- They are both LOL.. pricky on top, soft on the bottom!

Barnyard -- a C&C cage is great for all kinds of animals. Guinea pigs, hedgehogs are the most popular. Adult rats love them too! You can make them any size or shape you like. The Cube part you can pick up at Bed, Bath & Beyond for about $15 a box (16 grids and connectors) and the coroplast comes in all colors. Ranges from $15-$45 for a 4x8 sheet. Easy to cut
smile.png
Once we get it all put together, we then zip tie the joints to make it even stronger

SORRY! I am so bad at getting back to threads I've posted on – especially my own.
th.gif

But finally...here are my babies:

Kayla
28038_100_8916.jpg

Snow White (blue point w/ white) and Holly (orange bicolor)
28038_100_8905.jpg

(going clockwise from top)
Cloudy (blue point w/ white), Trixxie (mama tortie), Holly (orange bicolor), Kayla (tortie w/ white), and Snow White (blue point w/ white)
28038_100_8928.jpg

These are a few of our kittens from previous litters...

Petunia
28038_100_7465.jpg

Starlight (he was a real sweetie – already falling asleep in my lap at a few days old
love.gif
One of my friends has him now, with his sister, Lily)
28038_100_6941.jpg

Lily (one of the most beautiful kittens we've ever had – she was friendly and gorgeous)
28038_100_6939.jpg

Akane, what are your kittens' names? They look just like our first two girls – Mocha and Mercy:
28038_p7090012.jpg

spectrumranch, I love the ZeDonk! She's (?) beautiful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom