MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

wee.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

OMG I HAVE A PIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
This is normal..... and they peep up to 24 hours before hatching, so you may be nose to the bator for a bit.

You might find, too, that they take a good long multi-hour nap between the pip and zip.

Once they're hatched it is amazing how in unison they'll all be running around and then all passed out....and fresh chicks sleep A LOT! Figure they're practicing their nappies...after all, hatching is hard work!

May just be the one.

Since they hadn't hatched I didn't bother adding water. He is half way out. Humidity dropped to 30. You could literally see the membrane shrinking around him and yes after all this I did help him. Have humdity up to 56 now, but doesn't seem to want to go much further.

Has anyone had humidity drop that much during lockdown and still have eggs hatch??

Come on sponges!

droolin.gif

AHHH!! The waiting is killing me. 22 days and not even a sound. Mom is up for a bite and water a few times a day, makes a lot of noice and then back to the nest. I can put my ear on the bottom of the nest box and I don't hear anything but her heart beat.
he.gif

I got two pips this morning out of 11 eggs. There was a lot of noise yesterday, I had the impression that more chicks would be trying to get out.
I am still concerned that it the loud chicks of yesterday may be gone.
How much long their airsacs will provide for them?

Back
Top Bottom