May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

Can the egg really be moving around on day 18 or is my mind playing tricks on me?
It really can
jumpy.gif

Well after a long day of watching my 2 chicks suffer i decided I had to put them down, 1 was worse then the other but not by far. Their eyes wouldn't open, 1 couldn't drink and had bubbles coming out of him mouth. Ironically with all the chickens I have butchered, these two completely broke me, and needless to say, I'm bawling my eyes out. Realizing that I selfishly bought them into this world only to kill them less then 48 hours later. Completely sickened!

You brought them into the world thinking they would flourish and enjoy life as a chicken. there is just no way of knowing how they will turn out. You did what you could and ended their suffering, a very selfless act if you ask me.

Well after a long day of watching my 2 chicks suffer i decided I had to put them down, 1 was worse then the other but not by far. Their eyes wouldn't open, 1 couldn't drink and had bubbles coming out of him mouth. Ironically with all the chickens I have butchered, these two completely broke me, and needless to say, I'm bawling my eyes out. Realizing that I selfishly bought them into this world only to kill them less then 48 hours later. Completely sickened!
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself - don't look at it that way - once you've done all you can then it's time to let go. Personally, I believe the selfish people are those who cannot seem to deal with letting go - in the end their selfishness just causes more pain and suffering for the animal. Sorry about your chicks.
hugs.gif

How many other eggs do you have still in? Are any pipping? How long have those been pipped? What day are you on?

Well that first pipped egg is done... It's shrink wrapped, not moving .
One is almost out. It can't shake the shell off its butt. I have one other and I'm not sure. I think I'm going in. This was a bad catch for me. I never got to candle so all the eggs are in there 30 and only 3 so far have hatched. Not good!
I'm getting my set up together for the babies. And go from there.

Well that first pipped egg is done... It's shrink wrapped, not moving .
One is almost out. It can't shake the shell off its butt. I have one other and I'm not sure. I think I'm going in. This was a bad catch for me. I never got to candle so all the eggs are in there 30 and only 3 so far have hatched. Not good!
I'm getting my set up together for the babies. And go from there.

I just went in and tried to help.. I might have made it worse... The shell is really stuck to the Lil chick.. I broke off as much as possible and dampen the shell.. Thinking that it might soften up so the chick could shake it off. Also helped the other Lil chick as well but idk about that one. It really hasn't tried to do much of anything except for pipping the shell.

Back
Top Bottom