May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

Well finally separated from shell. While I was in there I added water to the sponges too. Humidity jumped! Maybe that help as well. Now on to the next one!!!

Well finally separated from shell. While I was in there I added water to the sponges too. Humidity jumped! Maybe that help as well. Now on to the next one!!!

Lil guy still has sticky butt but is outta the shell... The other is pipping right along now. The 2 older ones are now in baby cage( converted parrot cage with screen, heat lamp and such) I'm on day 19... They started hatching day 16.
Melinda

Trying to decide which is my favorite and what breed mix they are
i am living the darker chick. Both are cute though!

Well after a long day of watching my 2 chicks suffer i decided I had to put them down, 1 was worse then the other but not by far. Their eyes wouldn't open, 1 couldn't drink and had bubbles coming out of him mouth. Ironically with all the chickens I have butchered, these two completely broke me, and needless to say, I'm bawling my eyes out. Realizing that I selfishly bought them into this world only to kill them less then 48 hours later. Completely sickened!

You know I feel your pain. My heart just broke with each egg I opened. And the one chick took its last breath in my hand. BIG HUGS
hugs.gif

Lil guy still has sticky butt but is outta the shell... The other is pipping right along now. The 2 older ones are now in baby cage( converted parrot cage with screen, heat lamp and such) I'm on day 19... They started hatching day 16.
Melinda

WOW you need to lock that incubator down now. Are these your own eggs? Could those early one be pre-incubated? Hatching at day 16 isnt normal, chicks are usually smaller and weaker, like a human preemie.

Melinda

I would suggest a bath for the sticky bottom. No soap just warm water you should be able to just run its bottom under water and very gently remove any membrane or fluids that may have dried and sealed the chicks vent. Then do a gentle blowdry if it doesn't freak out over the sound and air current. Then get it under the heat lamp asap so it doesn't chill. I had a little barred rock that had the sticky butt shell problem.

I just received a message from the seller of my eggs. She has offered to replace them for shipping cost only. I am still shocked. These are very expensive eggs! I am having these insured and HELD at the Post Office.

This is something I have learned the hard way. I guess I need to make a thread about shipped eggs.....lol

Back
Top Bottom