McMurrary Hatchery

okie50

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014
I've been order chicks from mcmurraryhatchery.com off and on for about 10 years and have never had problem, very healthy chicks, very true colors once they become adult birds but this spring I had ordered 55 chicks which arrived within 2 days like always, healthy chicks but I lost 13 within 3 days not sure why because I always have them vaccinated so I emailed the hatchery and just explained that I knew it was past the 48 hours to report dead chicks but I just wanted them to be aware incase something else was going on... The responded very quick giving me a $53.25 credit on my next order so I was happy happy happy...:) Just thought I would mention them in anyone was looking around you might just take a look at their site!!
D.gif

I should have contacted them.. I was very unhappy with my white crested black polish order. Three out of 15 died right away, one was blind when I got her and couldn't figure out how to eat, so she died. The rest were somewhat sickly and just not good looking birds. They all had pasty butt, feathers were greasy and sticking together. Their crests varied but very few were all that impressive. Most had black on their crests or white on their black back feathers. I meant to keep a few and sell the rest and I decided to only keep one and I had to sell them for less than half of what I paid because they looked so bad. I think they're just not hardy birds.

You bet I would have contacted them they would have gave you a credit a least. I've bought at least 200+ birds from them over a 10 year period and this year has been the first time I've had any problem. Last year I bought 25 Barred Rock Chicks then once they become pullets we had a sever thunder storm come through very fast with 45 to 70 mph winds. All my older chickens made it into the coop and 6 of the Barred Rock pullets but a large tree limb fail killing 14 the rest before they could make it into the coop....Talk about sad
sad.png
Then I had 13 from this group die so I politely emailed them. With that credit I went ahead and ordered 40 more chicks to be shipped in July..

You bet I would have contacted them they would have gave you a credit a least. I've bought at least 200+ birds from them over a 10 year period and this year has been the first time I've had any problem. Last year I bought 25 Barred Rock Chicks then once they become pullets we had a sever thunder storm come through very fast with 45 to 70 mph winds. All my older chickens made it into the coop and 6 of the Barred Rock pullets but a large tree limb fail killing 14 the rest before they could make it into the coop....Talk about sad
sad.png
Then I had 13 from this group die so I politely emailed them. With that credit I went ahead and ordered 40 more chicks to be shipped in July..

I just ordered 25 barred rocks from Mcmurray do you have any pictures you could post? please.

I believe I have some on my phone I'll check tomorrow my grandson has it playing games.
big_smile.png
His 4 years old and can operate it better than I can.. Haha I only have two left out of the 6 that survived the storm last spring due to critters since we live out in the country. We live on our 300 ac. farm in a town with a population of 162 so my neighbors are woods and what lives in them so I have to trap trouble critters and transport them to other areas or worst case put them down when I have to... I did add some to my July order because I so pleased. I just had some bad luck but I really believe you'll be very pleased. I have to go to the Dr. tomorrow so when I get back I'll see if I can't get you a picture. It's a half day job going to the Dr. so it maybe later in the evening or Friday morning but I will not forget you. LOL I promise.

I believe I have some on my phone I'll check tomorrow my grandson has it playing games.
big_smile.png
His 4 years old and can operate it better than I can.. Haha I only have two left out of the 6 that survived the storm last spring due to critters since we live out in the country. We live on our 300 ac. farm in a town with a population of 162 so my neighbors are woods and what lives in them so I have to trap trouble critters and transport them to other areas or worst case put them down when I have to... I did add some to my July order because I so pleased. I just had some bad luck but I really believe you'll be very pleased. I have to go to the Dr. tomorrow so when I get back I'll see if I can't get you a picture. It's a half day job going to the Dr. so it maybe later in the evening or Friday morning but I will not forget you. LOL I promise.

Alright thank you! I have the same problem with critters too.

Back
Top Bottom