Mcmurray~Positive experiences wanted~

I have been ordering from MM for over eight years and I have never had a bad experience. I would only loose one or two chicks but that's just to be expected.

I bought my first round ever of chicks from MMH last year. I had NO CLUE what I was getting into. My chicks arrived in wonderful condition from MMH and I had no DOAs. They were shipped on a Sunday and here on a Monday at 3am. (Same way this time too)

All of my chicks were very vibrant and happy I had a total of 42 and lost NONE! I was super thrilled with them. I ordered my ducks from there also they took a while longer to get here but were also in fabulous shape and I lost none of them either.

Even with my experience this year I prefer them over several other hatcheries I have used and the results with them were NOT GOOD, with other places not MMH.

Good Luck with your chicks!

We are first time chick parents. Ordered ornamental layer from MM (25 + bonus 1) They are now 6 days old and doing great. We did lose one the first night, I think it was smashed by the others in the box. MM refunded us for the chick and has been very helpful to us. I am already addicted to the chicks, and sure I will order from them again!

100_0002-1.jpg

100_0026.jpg

I got my box of ornamental layers a week ago. The postman actually brought them to our house on Sunday at 10am, so they only travelled for about 12 - 18 hours. All were healthy upon arrival. One died a few days later but they had sent me 26 + a free chick anyways. They are eating and pooping. They love grass and weed seeds that I bring them, and some bugs too. I got a few top hats, a few black chicks, an Egyptian Fayoumis, 2 buff cochins, 2 blue cochins, and a whole bunch of what I assume are easter eggers.

MMdaytwo007.jpg

MMdaytwo006.jpg

greysandy~ They are just too cute!
Well my MM babies are two weeks old today and so far all are happy and healthy. My mind will be much more at ease when I hit the 4 week mark!
(keeping my fingers crossed) AND lots of prayers :)
I have another order coming from Ideal April 19th. mainly cochins. And a duck assortment from MM in May.

Last edited:
I have many friends who have ordered from MM and they have all been very pleased. I ordered chicks this year from them and mine were fine. I lost several but they were shipped on the coldest weekend of the year in early Feb. I think they are very good. They have always been very nice about their replacements and they do always send extras. I don't think any one in the chick business can second guess "mother nature."
smile.png

I have been ordering from McMurray for years and took a few years off as I had no time to raise chicks but my original flock was roughly 80% McMurray stock. I had only one horror story from McMurray chicks but that was my first batch and I wasn't 100% sure how to care for them. But after that first batch I learned to provide for them better. Over the years: 1996-2002 I lost only a few to shipping stress.

I have an order from them due the end of April and look forward to recieving them. And it is always fun figuring out what the free chick will be. I had to order from MCM chicks I ordered from Ideal due to the fact that the Ideal chicks had mutt apearances to them. And the silkies had improper feathering. These are problems I never had with MCM. All my birds were nearly show quailty. My only real complaint about MCM would be the lack of sexing from some breeds that are sexed by other hatcheries. But that is such a minor thing compared to all the other great things I could go on about them. I'm pretty much a customer for life.

My Dad ordered from them for years in the 70s and 80s then again about five years ago. Never had a problem with them, always great service. I remember maybe loosing one or two chicks total which is normal. If I could find someone to split an order with I'd still order from them today.

Back
Top Bottom