McMurray Priority Loading

Cinnamon Roll

Songster
Aug 14, 2020
Rincon, GA
I ordered chicks from McMurray last week, they were shipped Monday and did not arrive to my post office until THURSDAY. Half were dead and the rest looked very bad. When I called McMurray they credited me for the full order and I chose to have the order reshipped this week with the Priority Loading option, which was $71 for my 21 chicks (plus one surprise male).

This time my chicks were shipped on Monday and got to my PO on TUESDAY. It was amazing. These chicks are healthy and vigorous since they didn’t have to sit in a box for 2 extra days.

If you can swing the expense, select Priority Loading. I wish I had the first time. USPS should make that their default for shipping live animals.

Attachments

• B3662957-856E-4618-B3AB-5D64F18D297F.jpeg
    B3662957-856E-4618-B3AB-5D64F18D297F.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 33
I ordered chicks from McMurray last week, they were shipped Monday and did not arrive to my post office until THURSDAY. Half were dead and the rest looked very bad. When I called McMurray they credited me for the full order and I chose to have the order reshipped this week with the Priority Loading option, which was $71 for my 21 chicks (plus one surprise male).

This time my chicks were shipped on Monday and got to my PO on TUESDAY. It was amazing. These chicks are healthy and vigorous since they didn’t have to sit in a box for 2 extra days.

If you can swing the expense, select Priority Loading. I wish I had the first time. USPS should make that their default for shipping live animals.
Yes, hatcheries SHOULD make Priority Loading their default, but they probably won't. We ordered 15 ducklings and 20 guinea keets through Hoover's Hatchery. To my memory, they did not offer any shipping options at checkout, and both boxes of birds were shipped out Priority Mail. The ducklings shipped out Monday night and arrived Thursday with 3 dead on arrival and 1 that died hours later. The guinea keets shipped out the following Monday night and have apparently been delayed in Georgia due to the state closing an old distribution center and opening a new one. The mail for the entire state is screwed up due to this, and there seems to be zero accountability for all the lives lost in the transport chaos. It's now Thursday night, and the hatchery told us to expect to receive dead keets at this point. They also said they have been getting tons of calls about this, since many others are also losing their birds in the Georgia chaos. But get this, these keets were only being shipped from 5 hours 45 minutes away from my home!

Back
Top Bottom