Me thinks I trapped baby raccoons under our house

How do you intend to lure/trap the whole family? If you are, that is.... We have a mom and 4 babies who has helped herself to 5 ducks, and we've set traps, lures, etc... Dog proof, body traps, leg traps...we caught a feral cat and that's it. My DH has had it with these coons; we have to literally screw the door shut on the ducks to keep the coons out, and the way we can see that she actually flips traps over to set them off and pushes others out of the way.... I think she's trap smart and at a loss at how to dispatch of the whole family before the babes become breeders. :(

Oh and I think your DW deserves a bubble bath and dinner for THAT! :D

Last edited:
If you use the have a hart trap you have to barricade and secure it to catch a trap savvy raccoon. I had the same problem. They would reach in from all sides or move the trap till it shut then reach in. I stack cinder blocks on 3 sides to limit the access. Change the baits up if need be. Mine all eventually caved and went in. Once 2 at one time.

If you use the have a hart trap you have to barricade and secure it to catch a trap savvy raccoon. I had the same problem. They would reach in from all sides or move the trap till it shut then reach in. I stack cinder blocks on 3 sides to limit the access. Change the baits up if need be. Mine all eventually caved and went in. Once 2 at one time.

Thanks, we will try that! Got the 4 babes last night with the 12 gauge when we caught them in the corn field...momma took off so back to square one lol... Darn coons!

Back
Top Bottom