mean chicken

theona

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
i have one chicken who keeps being mean to another chicken what should i do?!!!!!!
hmm.png
sad.png

If they are hens and is just a case of new introductions and generally bullying, you can let them work it out as long as it does not become violent. You can put the bully in a time out and let the other make a friend.

If I am around and see it, I give the offender a swat. Twice I had same hen pecking at a runt that is lame and was on the roost drooping her head and tail down so as not to be a target. This was at sundown and I know that the runt (chirpy) gets in there early so as to get a spot before all of the jostling and settling in starts. The hen just kept at it so I smacked her behind the head and off she went to the floor. Then I turned off the lights. She might have spent the night on the floor for all I know. After 2nd time, I never saw it again.
lol.png
I never see any bullying going on in their run or in the coop when I am around. They have a large coop and even larger run by far. That can make a difference sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom