Meat prices?

Themartinfarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 8, 2009
The Oregon Coast
We have Ducks, Turkeys, Roosters & Quail that need to go... They aren't selling & feed is costing us a fortune. So... We are looking to sell them for meat... We are insured as a farm so I don't have to worry... Anyhow, they turkeys are full grown White Hollands, The ducks are mostly Khaki's, Black Swedish, & Crests, Roosters are a standard chicken size, the Quail are Coturnix. Which prices should I ask?

First find your market of who your going to target to sell your products.

From what I hear the Asian market is strong in the Northwest so since your selling older birds and you have duck I would start there first.

With my experiences people with an Asian or Hispanic Ethnicity buy the birds live and process themselves. So for price I would sell them what they are worth live.

Depending on where you live depends on how much you get... so I'm not sure what prices or the market is like from Oregon.

Good luck but I would look for different ethnic backgrounds first then go with processing them yourself. Maybe run a small ad in the paper?

Last edited:
We get $15 each for live 8 weeks olds that dress at 7 to 7-1/2 lbs each and $30 for 14 week olds that dress at approx 17 lbs each. Could sell double what we raise. All are presold for next batch in May 2010.

Back
Top Bottom