Meat Rabbit Colony

AndieM33

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2020
I have meat rabbits that I have been keeping in about 500 square feet of space. Its gone so well and I have very happy rabbits. SO my question is regarding the mountains of poop. Does anyone have advice for how to keep things clean when they are on the ground.

I was not able to do so - ultimately ended up placing them in individual 2.5' x 3' or 4' cages, about 16" off the ground, so I could get a bow rake or shovel underneath to move the mountains.

I wish you every fortune in that endeavor.

(mine did tend to pile their poo when I had them on the ground, so I needed only step in with a shovel - but they were FAR too good at escaping - which is why I had to do the cages)

I keep rabbits in open colony and the only thing to do about the droppings are to rake them up and shovel them away. The floor of my run is dirt, so the job is pretty easy with a leaf rake and a stall shovel. On grass or less flat flooring, it would be difficult to clean the droppings up. I keep my rabbits with my chickens and they house well together. I simply clean all the droppings together at once. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Is there a particular characteristic about your housing area that makes the task tedious or difficult? I feel I haven't adequately answered to your concern.

Back
Top Bottom