Meaties 101

Thank you for all this excellent information!

" I have a chart that gives the approximate daily food consumption for up to 8 weeks."

Could you post this chart? What brands of feed do you guys use? All replies will be appreciated!

T H A N K S ! my cross x are getting ready to go out to the tractor this weekend the sizes info was good to know
I have them on fermented feed the chicks and will try to continue this as well any thoughts on that?

My CX are getting close to finishing size and was wondering what the preference is on skin versus skinless dressing. I have done old fashioned skin for a few years and wondered about doing 25 skinless. Any advice on pros and cons of the two?

Last edited:
T H A N K S ! my cross x are getting ready to go out to the tractor this weekend the sizes info was good to know
I have them on fermented feed the chicks and will try to continue this as well any thoughts on that?
I have not tried FF, so i can't comment on that. From the interest shown of that thread, seems to be a good process for people raising them for their freezer. I think it would be hard to do for someone raising a large number and selling to others.

My CX are getting close to finishing size and was wondering what the preference is on skin versus skinless dressing. I have done old fashioned skin for a few years and wondered about doing 25 skinless. Any advice on pros and cons of the two?
I prefer to leave the skin on. The only time I skin is when I have to butcher one early due to health or injury and only have one or two to do.

Back
Top Bottom