Medal

triciayoung

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Oct 15, 2022
Mountville, SC
My Coop
My Coop
I would like to make a suggestion for an additional medal? I really think BYC should have a medal for members who do selfless acts for chickens, like the lady who took in 4-very sick chickens from the factory farms, the lady who about a week ago joined....she turned her sunroom into a home for disabled and geriatric chickens, the members who take in rescues, etc...

The current medals awarded help BYC grow. However, I think it is time to give to the purpose - that is the welfare of chickens. This medal would recognize this effort.

I don't know what it should be named "sacrifice", "giving", "welfare"?

@Grammy60 @janiedoe @DobieLover @SilverBirds @TwoCrows @rjohns39 @swampfox440 @sourland @Kenneth Zweerink @Boppo @Tookie @chrissynemetz

We are the first to see people join who rescue chickens, take care of disabled chickens, etc...If you agree there should be a recognition medal for those doing this work, please say so. Thank you.
I think a medal to recognize those who've rescued any fowl would be nice.
We do see people joining because they've rescued dumped ducks, roosters or older hens. We also have members who have taken in ex battery hens.

Last edited:
@Grammy60 @janiedoe @DobieLover @SilverBirds @TwoCrows @rjohns39 @swampfox440 @sourland @Kenneth Zweerink @Boppo @Tookie @chrissynemetz

We are the first to see people join who rescue chickens, take care of disabled chickens, etc...If you agree there should be a recognition medal for those doing this work, please say so. Thank you.
I agree. This is a terrific idea, and something that recognizes people who are doing things for bird welfare. Great idea, @TriciaYoung!

While recognition would be deserved, I think it would fall under "Spirit".
The spirit medal is for members who help other members - this would be for those who rescue or sacrifice more than the rest of us for chickens.

BYC Spirit: These individuals best demonstrate ALL-AROUND outstanding service and commitment to the BYC members and community. While maybe not expert educators, they are trusted Educators nonetheless, as well as Friends to all. They are dedicated to the BYC Community as a whole, and strive to help promote, support and uphold its values and goals.

Back
Top Bottom