Medications expiry date

Hens having Fun

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2023
Sydney NSW Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Hi there, i have some old wormers etc in the cupboard (not in bathroom) and was wondering if I can still use them while im waiting for new medications to arrive in the post.

Inca Piperazine Poultry Pigeon & Pig Wormer 125ml​

2023-11-05 (3).png

Vetafarm Wormout Gel Bird Worming 2023-11-05 (5).png

Last edited:
I have some older liquid ones in the cupboard that I would probably use. Powder ones may break down in time. Most people feel that medications that are over a year expired should not be used. I would examine the product and use your own judgement. The Wormout gel is one that I have bought before, and it is a more broad sprectrum dewormer that the Piperazine. Piperazine is no longer approved for poultry here in the US, and it is no longer sold here.

I have some older liquid ones in the cupboard that I would probably use. Powder ones may break down in time. Most people feel that medications that are over a year expired should not be used. I would examine the product and use your own judgement. The Wormout gel is one that I have bought before, and it is a more broad sprectrum dewormer that the Piperazine. Piperazine is no longer approved for poultry here in the US, and it is no longer sold here.
thank you for reply and thorough explanation, really interesting about the Piperazine no longer sold in the USA

Back
Top Bottom