Meet My Silkies

mljohnson05

Songster
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Missouri
Just wanted to post pics of my 3 Silkie Ladies...They are so laid back, Love their baths and fall asleep to the hair dryer on them.
My 5 year old son Loves them so much, an they even put up with him holding them.

So What do you think of them?
92090_157_6040.jpg

92090_157_6038.jpg

92090_157_6042.jpg

Last edited:
They're stunning!

Sooo... newbie question here... How does one give a chicken a bath, per se????? Soap? No soap? Keep 'em warm? Sink? Bath tub? Any magic to it?

- Kim

I do mine in either the tub or the sink (depending on their size..and if they like baths or not
lau.gif
)

These Silkies Love bath time, so it is no issue...most chickens will hate it..so good luck...lol

But I use wither dish soap, or no tear baby shampoo cause it is gentle on the skin.

I put a little water in the tub, and then leave the faucet going on slow so i can rinse them under that (careful around eyes and ears).

Then I towel them off and Use a blow dryer on low to medium on the cool to warm setting...This is my chicks fav. part and will generally fall asleep...lol

Remember: If the hair dryer is hot to you ....then it is hot to them...and always keep the dryer moving (never stay in one spot)
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom