My husbands reaction to getting silkies

@cherieangelle you so greatly inspired me that I bought 22 silkie hatching eggs 🤣😃😃😃 16 hatched. They're from a local breeder who is developing his breeding pens. I ended up with 4 partridge silkies, 1 partridge satin, a satin paint split to chocolate, a black frizzle silkie split to chocolate, 1 black silkie, then an assortment of silkie and satin blues and splashes. They were supposed to be BBS except for the two that are split to chocolate from a separate breeding pen. The breeder never hatched any chipmunk chicks before mine, but last week he finally did, then realized his blue satin roo with gold leakage, is most likely a partridge. So much fun!

Photos of the partridge with the massive poof of a tail, and the black frizzle. My husband had said if a frizzle hatched he was keeping it. For better or worse, it's a cockerel... cool that it's a sexlinked color, but I really didn't want to keep a split cockerel, but now that I have fun colors and not BBS, well, what the heck. Let's see what happens 🤣

Attachments

• 20230819_214815.jpg
    20230819_214815.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230817_185729.jpg
    20230817_185729.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 1
@cherieangelle you so greatly inspired me that I bought 22 silkie hatching eggs 🤣😃😃😃 16 hatched. They're from a local breeder who is developing his breeding pens. I ended up with 4 partridge silkies, 1 partridge satin, a satin paint split to chocolate, a black frizzle silkie split to chocolate, 1 black silkie, then an assortment of silkie and satin blues and splashes. They were supposed to be BBS except for the two that are split to chocolate from a separate breeding pen. The breeder never hatched any chipmunk chicks before mine, but last week he finally did, then realized his blue satin roo with gold leakage, is most likely a partridge. So much fun!

Photos of the partridge with the massive poof of a tail, and the black frizzle. My husband had said if a frizzle hatched he was keeping it. For better or worse, it's a cockerel... cool that it's a sexlinked color, but I really didn't want to keep a split cockerel, but now that I have fun colors and not BBS, well, what the heck. Let's see what happens 🤣
Oh how sweet! I had partridge & cuckoo & possible red plye in my last hatch & the breeder I got them from had no idea who parents were hahaha it’s so cool to see what they produce!

HAHA I love this so much!!! Mine is very tolerant too & does try to keep me in check but when I can justify it to him I just giggle & say “don’t you hate it when I make sense”😂
I have been looking for full grown silkies for what feels like a YEAR lol finally found 3 girls with a rooster & I couldn’t beat the price!!! I’m so excited to go pick them up lol

I hope you have a crazy silkie adventure one day!!! It’s truly been exhilarating 😂😂

A LOL for your day : this is a funny post, I don’t have friends that have chickens so no one to talk to about this. Lol
My husband does not understand my love for silkies 😂
In my head they aren’t a money pit like my horses (bc I don’t breed horses or compete with them, we trail ride & do play days but rarely do we win money)
I’m going to pick up 4 silkies for $100 a bird, they’re show quality. I’m driving an hour & 45 mins one way to pick them up! My daughter wants to show them in 4H. I have 7 babies I just hatched & 5 more eggs in the incubator! My husband said to me “Gah Lee. All this for some damn birds🤦🏻‍♂️😂
If you knew him, you’d know he’s picking on me hahahah I told him to just support me & my love for these beautiful birds 😂😂
Anyone else have any “crazy” things they’ve done to get some full grown SQ silkies? Please share it with me so I can prove to him I’m not crazy HAHAHA
*I will post pictures of them as soon as I get home with them*🥰
I love it, i got my first silkie, she was the last from TSC, and i saw her and wanted her. She doesnt have the crazy hair, which i love though. Her name is Jessica Rabbit. Shes not bad just drawn that way!

They are beautiful i want one

Back
Top Bottom