Meyer Hatchery? Is It Trustworthy?

I've used them to purchase day old chicks. I had no problems with them. I have an order pending with them again for another batch of chicks.
I've never ordered pullets. I would think it would be very stressful to ship pullets.
It's there any way you could find a local breeder for your pullets?

I'm planning on adding to my flock and was wondering if I can trust Meyer Hatchery? Any negative experiences? I'm planning on purchasing pullets.

No my beauties are from Meyer and great healthy birds. Good Layers! I have the BR, SS, and GBs. The GBs are the best layers with most beautiful medium brown color. All large eggs. Love the Light brown of my SS.

i guess i was lucky in that less than 50% of the chicks that i ordered/purchased at local feed store were male and my hatch rate is right at 50/50. I personally would order straight run and take the risk in order to save $$$. (if you’re in a position to keep/cull/rehome any males.

Fantastic hatchery. :thumbsup Multiple experiences with them, all of which satisfactory. :) Although I live less than two hours away, and sometimes pick up in person, shipping's always ended well.

What breeds are you interested in? :pop

~Alex
It would not serve me well if I lived within driving distance of a “chick candy factory.” :lau

Back
Top Bottom