Mr chicken dude

Songster
10 Years
Nov 7, 2009
VA
Last edited:
I cannot tell you about that hatchery but I purchased mine through this one:

www.schlechthatchery.com

and the price was amazing - all arrived alive - and they grew great!! Just processed half today at 6 1/2 weeks that were 7-8 lbs live weight and dressed out around 5.5 lbs. Letting the rest grow another few weeks to see if I can harvest 7-8 dressed weights. Good luck!

Quote:
I ordered 100 from them this year. Among other hatcheries and their chicks, Meyer was the most uniform and even in growth, the chicks all arived alive and active. I lost one two days later probably from coccidia but they gave me 4 extra for buying 100. They have excellent customer service, and were helpful. I havnt' had the opportiny to order from schlecht yet, but I still give meyer big thumbs up.

Last edited:
I ordered from them lasy ear and had all live chicks arrive and all but 1-2 made it to the end-died of flip:( Very happy with Meyer

Quote:
cardiac arrest-heart attack:( can't really prevent it in these guys
"Occurs mostly during peak production. Acute death, often during feeding time. The cause probably related to K+ deficiency in feed.

Postmortem reveals haemorrhages on heart muscle, heart dilatation."

Quote:
We have use Meyer's for yrs. My DD had reserve champion pen of meat chickens three yrs in a row with Meyer's birds.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom