Meyers Chickens I have

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
People are ordering chicks, I thought I would put up pics of my Meyers chicks and all, maybe some eggs too.
Rarely have I gotten the wrong sex, even if I ordered 50 Fry pans I may only get 3 hens by accident.
First I will start with chicks. I have gotten brown egg layer specials. They usually send 3 diff kinds. They would be different every week here is what came that week a few years ago, RIR, Barred rocks, Brahmas, Speckled sussex. (Gosh I didn't know I bought that many) 2020?
!x.PNG
!xa.PNG
!xb.PNG
!xc.PNG

Below in July 22 I ordered 15+ 1 Meal maker (one buck eye, one Speckled sussex, I think 3 rare breeds, or white egg layers, and the rest leeann bargans.)
1sp.PNG

In May I also order these,
97.PNG

88xmacc.PNG

Here is what my eggs look like. (The dark gray was not from Meyers) The bloody egg is a first egg.
55c.PNG

I kept 2 welsummers, 2 brown leghorns, one SS, one OE, one Steel egger, and the BCM. My wellies are not spotty though. They are dark brown.
I have not ordered from many hatcheries, but I think Meyers is user friendly. Remember to ask for a meal maker.
I also have other layers. But mostly Meyers eggs.

Attachments

• 88xmacc.PNG
    88xmacc.PNG
    779.6 KB · Views: 7
I have had luck so far, my first order is only 2 months old, my box was well packed, heating pack,still warm.i had a death, which they refunded and then emailed me to check up on the birds at 48 hours. Customer service was topnotch.i ordered 10 birds for my birthday in late March. I changed the order and they were super easy to deal with.

We ordered from Meyers to get our first and only batch of chickens. We wanted a variety of breeds, for a colorful egg basket. And getting that variety all on the same day, meant our local feed store and Tractor Supply were out of the question.

We ordered last April 2022 for an August 28th hatch. That was the date that had the most breeds available. We had to change what we wanted, to what was available. We ordered 16 day old chicks. 15 hens, 1 rooster. That were delivered August 31st.

For pullets I ordered:
1x Blue (BBS) Ameraucana
1x Buff Orpington
1x Cream Legbar
1x Rhode Island Red
1x Black Jersey Giant
2x Frizzled Easter Egger
2x Fibro Easter Eggers
2x Black Copper Marans
2x Buff Brahmas
2x Cookies & Cream
And my cockerel is a Blue (BBS) Ameraucana.

They all arrived alive, happy, and healthy looking. But 1 of my Frizzled Easter Eggers was born with a deformity, failed to thrive, and passed away at 6 weeks of age.

They were all sexed with 100% accuracy. And ended up with just my lone Blue (BBS) Ameraucana cockerel.

Some of the pullets have just started laying the past 3 weeks. Already getting a nice colorful egg basket, and not all are laying yet.

All in all... I'm very happy with Meyers. And if I decide to order more chicks, I'd definitely order through them again.

Attachments

• 20220831_065932.jpg
    20220831_065932.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221220_074206.jpg
    20221220_074206.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230216_161316.jpg
    20230216_161316.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom