Meyer's Hatchery "Hatch Date" or Delivery Date? Which is it?

SilverQuail026

Chirping
Jun 22, 2015
Hey all! I'm thinking of getting a few hatching eggs from Meyer's Hatchery. However, when I go to check out, the date they ask me to set (which I would normally assume is the delivery date) is titled, "Hatch Date". This confuses me, as I don't want them to hatch my eggs for me, nor do I want the eggs to hatch on the date that I set. I want them to hatch 21 days AFTER, so that they hatch near a birthday... I also don't plan on hatching all of the eggs that I buy, as I bought extra just in case a couple aren't hatch-able. So them labeling it as "Hatch Date" makes me second guess myself, and what I would normally assume is simply the delivery date of the eggs. (There are also multiple other details that lead me to believe they plan to send live chicks, but I honestly believe that it's a communication error on their behalf, because they're too lazy to differentiate and recode the layout between egg purchases, and chick purchases. One example being them offering me treatment for Marek's disease before delivery, among a couple other things that would normally only be done for chick purchases...)

Has anyone bought hatching eggs from them, and if so, is this "hatch date" actually just a mistitled delivery date instead? I don't want to make a mistake (despite my certainty that it's just mislabeled...) and buy live chicks, when I'm expecting hatching eggs. Any help would be appreciated!

(There's also the more likely possibility that they'll send me the eggs 21 days BEFORE the date they're asking me for, in which case, seems a bit contrived, but, at the very least, would then be "properly" labeled... Please tell me if this is how it is, so I know whether or not to set the date accordingly... Thanks!)

Hatch date for chicks means the day they ship them, so I would assume it's the same for eggs and they just didn't change the wording during checkout. You could always shoot them an email to ask and be sure, that's the best way to confirm you get them when you want them.

You'd be better off finding local fertile eggs. Shipped eggs are hit or miss, with local fertile eggs you've a much higher chance of successful hatch. Not to mention they'll be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom