meyers hatchery

Meyer's staff is friendly and helpful, they spent a lot of time coordinating hatch dates with multiple breeds. We appreciated the e-mail and tracking. Chicks arrived the day following shipping.
They had more of the breeds that we wanted. They had a low hatch on GLW that we ordered and sent our choice replacements, free shipping.
1st order- BOs, Dominiques, Welsummers, & Speckled Sussex. Replacements - Ameraucanas, last order - Jersey Giants, Black Astralorps, SLW.
We got an instant response when one chick died 12 hours after we received our first shipment, they were compassionate and gave an immediate credit toward our replacements.
We just received our last batch of chicks from Meyer on July 26, 2011. They are lively, jumping and hopping like little bunnies.

This is our first experience with chickens and Meyer. We chose them because we wanted a hatchery close to our home, and they had more information about the breeds, allowing us to choose based on hardiness, temperament and purpose, (we wanted dual purpose).

They have a great catalog. The online catalog is beautiful, but get the print catalog, mine is already dogeared from the constant use it gets.

We hope to hatch our own, but already have our eye on breeds for next year. We will use Meyer again.

thumbsup.gif
:thumbsup TWO THUMBS UP!!

I just got 4 pullets & a rooster from Meyer Hatchery. I added the rooster later as an afterthought & they gave me no problem about it. The chicks all arrived healthy & are doing very well. I really like that you can order small numbers of chicks from them, not all of us want 25 chicks at a time.

Quote:
x2
thumbsup.gif
I got my chicks from Meyers as well, and live about 1/2 hour away, love being able to go there and pick my chicks up, but it IS dangerous to live so close
big_smile.png
Was originally thinking 3 chicks, decided 5 was better in case one or two died. Now I have TEN
lau.gif
They are all doing great!!

Quote:
x2
thumbsup.gif
I got my chicks from Meyers as well, and live about 1/2 hour away, love being able to go there and pick my chicks up, but it IS dangerous to live so close
big_smile.png
Was originally thinking 3 chicks, decided 5 was better in case one or two died. Now I have TEN
lau.gif
They are all doing great!!

I live 417 miles from Meyer, but they just enabled me to add 31 to my six I already had. Oh my goodness! What am I going to do with 37 chickens?????
ep.gif
What was I thinking?????
barnie.gif

hey thanks to you all i have gone ahead and ordered so chicks from meyers and there being shipped Aug 1st and ill post some pics of my new baby chicks and like 6 months from Aug 1st im becoming a black australorp and ameraucana breeder and guess what if any of you that posted before this reply, if any of you want some BA's or ee"s you guys get 50% off your total. and remember in 6 months you'll be able to buy chicks from me. so just send me a email then or shoot me a email now and ill write you in my planner and email you when your chicks are coming. Also shoot me a email if you have any questions.
big_smile.png

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

I love Meyer, their customer service members went above and beyond to help me when I had a health issue (auchan actually wasn't, she was just deadly constipated, but alive and fine now). I lost a chick 3 days after delivery and they still credited me even though it was outside of their 48 hour live guarontee. Everyone is healthy, happy and thriving. I cannot say enough nice things about them and I'm glad you ordered from them. Fantastic place. I will be ordering from them again.

SO glad to hear all this love for Meyers! I ordered in June and my six new babies will be delivered next week. I thought they were wonderful to deal with on the phone. I"m sure it won't be my last order with them!

astrid

Back
Top Bottom