Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Pics
I'm starting all over. My first ones I let get all the way till 3 days to hatch and just knew they were not fertile :( Darin it! I'm new at this. This time I put 6 eggs in my mini Rcom and I'm just going to turn them by hand. Some of these eggs might have gotten too cold, but we will see what happens! The ones I have broken open, have had the bulls eye, so wish me luck!

Last edited:
I'm starting all over. My first ones I let get all the way till 3 days to hatch and just knew they were not fertile :( Darin it! I'm new at this. This time I put 6 eggs in my mini Rcom and I'm just going to turn them by hand. Some of these eggs might have gotten too cold, but we will see what happens! The ones I have broken open, have had the bulls eye, so wish me luck!

Good Luck!!

Im just not gettin a single frizzle egg yet. Was trying and still have them seperated but thinkin the cold is keepin the frizzles from layin. So I didnt forget ya.

shmccarthy - I would be interested in how much you charged per chick, and what breed.. thank you

I have a bit of a "project" going on, right now. One way or another, I'm getting a collection of silkies. I have 12 show quality, and 12 non showed but bred to standard quality in the incubator right now. The whole shipping process was an absolute disaster and it took a lot of fighting on my end, to get them in one piece. It wasn't even the weathers fault, we have a substitute driver and she decided not to deliever any of my eggs I ordered and didn't call or leave a notice. So I am not sure if any will hatch. :/ they are on day 4 and I am leaving them alone until day 7 to candle so I don't disturb them anymore.. But on the brighter side, I am getting a shipment of 25 true Ameracauna chicks from John Blehm in birch run, sometime between February and April. I will be hatching batches of 41 eggs at a time, once the hens are laying and if I make enough profit to pay for it, I'm buying a cabinet incubator and will hatch out larger amounts. It may take some time before I have chicks :p I know I'm gonna sell them for a lot cheaper than most breeders and hatcheries ask for high quality birds, I'm not looking to make it rich, this is just a big hobby for me. :D

Here's my 12 babies!

jenni77 goodluck with your eggs... as long as they were frozen and sat out for 24 hrs. they should hatch..

shmccarthy- good luck with your project.. i plan on hatching alot this winter also.. well thats the plan..

Back
Top Bottom