Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Pics

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
Folks, the original Michigan thread was closed yesterday due to flaming; many hours were spent cleaning it up, and it was reopened, only to have folks come in and begin flaming, trolling, and questioning moderation. Due to the extent of the clean-up needed, it has been decided by the Staff that the original thread will remain closed, but out on the forum so that folks can access the information it contains.

To those of you who are regular contributors - please take a moment to review the rules you all agreed to upon joining BYC. They are found at the bottom of the site under "TOS" - if anyone should have questions or require clarification, feel free to PM a Staff member at any time.

Please also take a moment before posting your replies to re-read what you've written to be sure it's within the rules. None of us Staff want to be "big brother" and watch threads...we simply don't have the time to do so. Thus, we rely on you to keep the peace, and to report posts before problems ensue. Had reports been made long ago, we may have been able to keep the original thread open.

Okie dokie - 'nuf said!

A18FD70F-AE62-4D83-8110-176C0F1EAF0E.jpeg

I wish digital design etc was available when I went to collage. I've often wished I could go back for a few classes as I'm sure it would be easier than teaching myself to do it (<-- hence my sillychicken avitar....as I have been doing). But, I stick to drawing on the board in my new art studio that I finished over the winter. So Happy with how it turned out!

139694579_10159603053945400_4759017295788706507_n.jpg
145645112_10159654183920400_1333625306232319999_n.jpg

Peepers have started here in Jackson Co. We have a pond in the front yrd that can be deafening in spring - but I fully enjoy the spring peepers, trillers and later the bullfrogs!

Got my chick brooder ready for chicks in April.

Some of my garden plants are underway. Black Goji berries, and japanese eggplant and peppers are started. Yam starts are also starting to root. Debating on when to sew pea seeds and if I should start inside or just sew outside - but I'm not sure if now is a good time or if I should wait. When do you guys start peas?

Still not working yet. Had a job interview last week, though it is not for much money..it is close to home and easier work. DH said I didn't have to work at all and that is super enticing. Luckily, DH is now getting paid his regular wage (lost 20% after covid hit) and back pay to the first of the year.

The only thing I have been wanting to do is get a couple goats again...and I probably should work to help support my "hobby farm". And it would be nice to hit the mortage a bit harder to pay off sooner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom