Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

IMG_E1502.JPG

This is Freya! (Norse fertility goddess, picked by DH.) She is a mix, and we think she's about 8 months old. She's a bit timid, but she's moved around a lot in the last month. She is definitely a lover! And a keeper. :)

View attachment 2814857

This is Freya! (Norse fertility goddess, picked by DH.) She is a mix, and we think she's about 8 months old. She's a bit timid, but she's moved around a lot in the last month. She is definitely a lover! And a keeper. :)
She is so cute. She looks a little shy but will most likely be the biggest cuddle bug

Had a nice thunderstorm roll through. Lasted almost 2 hours. We sure need the rain and I love hearing thunder and seeing the lightning.
Had brief brown out and the TV lost it's audio. Simple fix of turning off the TV, wait a couple of minutes then turn it back on. Computer was not affected. Going out to lock up the chickens then call it a night.

Tonight I start the integration. After lock up, I'm going to move stuff out of the run. Then do what I can with a headlamp to take down the fence in the run. After full dark, I'll go in the coop with the red light on the headlamp, and put "low hen Lark who likes to peck the chicks" into a dog crate so that she is sequestered in the morning.

I have a small crate that I can fit in the coop, so she'll be in that. Then I can bring that out in the light tomorrow -- before it gets so darn hot -- and transfer her into the bigger crate, where she will be for a few days, at least. I really feel bad about doing this to her. She's my best layer.

Yeah, I am getting sleepy myself. Did several loads of laundry and washed a boat-load of dishes. I'll try to keep going for awhile. I still have to make the bed which is currently loaded with clean clothes that need to be folded and put away.
I need a maid.
:old
Do you need a maid or are you just looking for a volunteer (free)? :lau :lau

Had a nice thunderstorm roll through. Lasted almost 2 hours. We sure need the rain and I love hearing thunder and seeing the lightning.
Had brief brown out and the TV lost it's audio. Simple fix of turning off the TV, wait a couple of minutes then turn it back on. Computer was not affected. Going out to lock up the chickens then call it a night.
Lucky you. My girls fight everytime I try to get them in before 9apm. They are party animals, :eek:

Well, I think I did like the lady on the right (my own thing today). It was brutal. This girl does all kinds of crazy things every session. Today was more about the legs and arms. I was ok with the arms. Did plenty "cherry picking" in the Army, so I just keep my mind in anything else so I forget that I have my arms extended for so long and doing all kinds of movements without letting them down. But the legs, Jeebers! She aid how we were doing and I said, that even without breakfast my buns were burned! lol

Anyways, came home, collected 3 eggs, took shower, had 3 scrambled eggs with another cup of coffee, waited for Hub to be back from Muskegon and once he was home (he gets chicken duties without knowing) I went straight to bed and slept for about 3 hours. I think I am not in a lot of pain because I took 2 naproxen before the workout.
It was really hot again today. Cloudy and little breeze here and there but nothing cool at all. AC at 65 but has not gone down from 72 because it is so hot outside. This morning at 8am it was already 76 so I knew it was going to be hot. Placed iced bottles in the girls water throughout the day.

825pm I was out and these party animals did not want to get in their house. I need to get one of those automatic doors for real. Phoebe is doing good. She is laying every day, goes to bed with crop full and in the morning before she gets down from roost, she is empty. Yeap!, I do go in at 6am every day. This is why I take a nap during the day. It is called chickxausted! I get a nap and hub watches tv and checks outside (chicken duties in disguise) It kind of started to rain but it was just a few drops. He gets anxious that they will get wet but they will not go in the coop. They just hang under the coop. He calls it their basement. But I cannot get them in because they get under and I cannot get them all out in sync. So I am not going to worry about it.

ok, I see a beautiful black puppy. He is so darn cute! Sometimes I wish I could get another pup but it is too much. I already have Pixie and she is very disciplined dog. She will never watch over when anyone is eating, if cannot go outside, she jumps in teh bathtub and take care of her business, have never done anything in a carpet, understands English and Spanish, does nothing but sleep all day, and loves sleeping by my bed at night. She is not allowed in any people bed nor furniture. But that is a very beautiful dog and seems like will be a cuddle buddy for sure.

Raz, I am sorry that you do not have a washer and dryer. I used to do laundry too but now I just let teh machines do it, :lau Just messing with ya!

Aart has been kind of quite. Seems like he needs an AC, we all do buddy. But in the brighter side, we are in Michigan. Cold is coming soon, this is temporary. No sharks in the lakes (no snappers, NOOOOO!) Unfortunately, they have seen a few gators which I am not happy that people are so irresponsible and bring them up to let them loose. So, hang in there buddy, I am with ya!

Miss you all! Catch up with you all later.

~Hugs~and~Kisses~

Dream, don't worry, the hens will go in without you stressing about it. They'll be going in earlier and earlier as the days get shorter. They're all young and want to stay out as long as possible. My best thing I have to get the chickens in when I have to is a hockey stick. Has a long handle and can reach under things enough to get them out of hiding. Go to a used sports store to get one cheap.
Another hot day ahead. Yeaterday was stifling!! Just took your breath away when you walked out. Had to go ahead and get the camper vacuumed and mopped and my bed made yesterday. Did it early, but still was dripping wet when I was done.
Stay safe friends. Stay cool!

Back
Top Bottom