Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Canned 7 quarts of tomatoes today. And bottled a batch of 'booch. (Kombucha tea.) My feet are pooped!

I have definitely found another variety of tomato I'll grow next year: Ace 55. And possibly Golden Jubilee. The rest of the new ones I tried are not anything I'll grow again.

Reasons are more to do with production and ease of processing, rather than taste. I won't pass judgment on taste until I open a jar and use them. Fresh taste is different from canned.

yeah, been there done that! I spent 4 years working in retail hell. I ran the commercial sales desk at Lowes, most of my customers were great (though there were a few that were not). Management on the other hand, thought that ruling by fear and threats was an effective means of forcing productivity. I generally balked at it. There was one manager that I egged on (via making him do his job) on purpose to get him to make physical threats toward me like he had other women at the store. He was one of those live with mom, Mr. Rogers sweater wearing, potential hatchet murderer, mental cases. I got him in trouble with the store manager when ever he wouldn't do his job. He ended up moving to another store - mission accomplished. The last year I was there when the market got bad, they started to write us up if we didn't get the expected monthly amount of credit card applications, that were actually approved and used, not just applied for. Most of the contractors that came to the store already had cards and were already struggling and that was the year I got sick (it took me 6 months to recover from it). I always gave 10% discounts to my regulars or anyone with a big project and I was top in regional sales, so to have my job threatened by lack of interest in credit card aps with charges, well it pissed me off! I applied for a new job and got it... and got the heck out of retail! That was in 2008. I am really glad I did too as I was enjoying the career I had, till covid, then lost that job because the company was sold. A few years later I had a manager at another store tell me that she used me as a model for training her commercial sales team....... why I was never given complements on my work just goes to show the mentality behind retail.
That sounds exactly like the management where I work. Did I also mention that nearly all of the team leaders act like they are in high school. They seem to delight in throwing other lead people under the bus whenever they get a chance. Sadly the store director seems to encourage this behaviour.

Long day at work. I had an appointment to take the Jeep in for some work Took the local bus from the shop back to work. So I was nearly 2 hours early. The shop couldn't repair the car because the part needed is a special order. Going to be at least 2 weeks before it comes in. One of my co-workers drove me back to the shop at lunch time. My co-workers are great. We have a great team that rarely gets any notice.

It was a 2-truck day so we got out quite late. I was very tired and sore today. More so than usual. When I got home, the new neighbor needed some help moving tables and dressers into their new lake house. So yes, I went and helped. Feeling the aches and pains now. However the "feel-good" factor of helping people does mitigate some of the aches and pains. A few beers also help. :D

Chiro appointment this morning. Then errands in town. Among them: more feeders/bowls for the upcoming integration this weekend. (A little nervous about that!)

And stop at the bank to get cash, in case we decide to come home with a NEW DOG!! this evening!
I always love going to the chiro it's nice getting that massage and then the satisfying sound of your back and neck being popped

@Sally PB If you come home with a Golden Retriever don't tell me. I will be so jealous if you do.

Finally getting some rain here. It is much needed.
Now I don't feel bad about staying inside and catching up on laundry and cleaning up.
Chickens are hanging out at their favourite spot under the front porch.
We keep getting lighting and thunder but no rain

Back
Top Bottom