Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Thanks!
Shingles are less noisy than steel for sure. But I have to admit we used them because we had a bunch of them. I got them when I worked at lowe's... a special order that was returned.. got them dirt cheap!

We close them in every night.. a bale has been lasting a few days. They go through more now that the pasture has been cleared and it's getting colder.. We used a 4x4 hog panel to cut up for the hay rack. It does help to minimize the waste a little, they can't yank out wads of hay this way. We did the same for a purchased hay rack, that had long slats.. just secured the hog panel inside it and they can basically only get their noses up into it. You may also want to consider a different hay or more pasture? I'm feeding a second cut grass/alpha mix... they're going through that like crazy, the resins on this hay are nice and thick... good stuff!

Is there anyway to raise the building so they cannot jump on it? Fencing up around the edge? Steel roof would probably hold up better. You can secure it to some wood slats right over.
The biggest problem is me - I like watching them play on the roof, doh...

This year I have Seramas and need to heat a coop for them. Originally I was going to bring them in but I really don't want 8 of them inside. So my DH and I have been 'discussing' heat. I want a flat wall heater. http://www.shopthecoop.com/product/flat-panel-coop-heaters-for-pets.html. He however says it is the same thing as a heated pet mat only wall mounted. I disagree, I think they are made to heat differently. Does anyone have first hand knowledge? I would love to save money but the fifty bucks isn't worth frozen birds mid-February.

Back
Top Bottom