Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Drive by post from St. Ignace. Me and my number one chick are on vacation and spent the day up on Mackinac Island. even ran into an old friend up there, and then proceed to forget my backpack on her front porch until I was about another third of the way around the Island and had to hump it to get it back and then still meet Amy back at the docks to drop our rental bikes off at. Tomorrow the plan is to go up to Tahquanamen Falls.

No pictures but a hatchling update. Chicks are almost 2 weeks old and seem to be fully integrated in with the rest of the flock. Ducklings are 5-6 days old and spending all day out with and away from the others. But they are giving mother hen worries with their independence. She wanted them to go in for the night but they insisted in playing in the sprinkler. So funny to watch mom scold them from the perimeter while they were making mud pies. Just wait until they find the pond.

What might it be then ?
It was in the Welsummer bin at the FF&H store

No idea, but definitely not a Welsummer rooster. Those birds get mixed around all the time in the feed store. Especially if kids are putting their paws in the chick bins to hold chicks, and put them back in the wrong bin. Thankfully, the stores around here put up anti child barriers and only let store employees handle chicks, but not all places do.

what do you all do when you go on vacation? We're going out of town for about 4 days. I have a family member stopping by on the 3rd day to check on everyone. I was planning to put out a 5 gal waterer, and maybe grab a second feeder and fill them up. I'll be putting my ducks in with my chickens for the days we are gone since the ducks don't have a run area yet. I will probably put a small duck house in the run so the ducks have a space, esp Lady Quackington the one w/ the gimp leg.

aart, I happen to have two BC Marans/ Ameracauna cockrels, thirteen weeks old, who should produce olive eggers. Pictures soon! They are big handsome birds hatched here, out of one of Wynette's BC Marans cocks. One is black, the other black with copper, and both have muffs. Let me know if you are interested. Mary

Back
Top Bottom