Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

[/quote]
saw a pigeon in Meijers parking lot this AM very pretty was banded so I think it was a homing pigeon I had to drive around it, when I got out it was still sitting there, tried to catch it, it walked around for a while then flew off to the west, I hope it finds it's way, feard it would get run over in the parking lot. not to inclined to fly from the cars

Found one a few years ago in my driveway and tracked down the owner by the band number. He said sometimes the young ones get confused and tired and hungry so end up lost. Some of these birds are worth thousands of dollars.

Found one a few years ago in my driveway and tracked down the owner by the band number. He said sometimes the young ones get confused and tired and hungry so end up lost. Some of these birds are worth thousands of dollars.[/QUOTE]
yes wish I could have caught it, needed my net

GRIT mag. (peeking at TSC, had some very nice--- how-to ---light weight chicken tractors.

Hello everyone,
My name is Karen and I am in SE MI in South Lyon. I have a nice little backyard flock of ISAs, easter eggers, bantam ameraucanas, and d'uccles, but I'd like to add a couple more layers and maybe some more bantams. I was looking at Wyandottes not only for eggs, but they are soooo pretty. I'm striking out on Craigslist and this forum's buy/sell section. Anyone have any pretty layers they like to sell? Thanks,

Karen

saw a pigeon in Meijers parking lot this AM very pretty was banded so I think it was a homing pigeon I had to drive around it, when I got out it was still sitting there, tried to catch it, it walked around for a while then flew off to the west, I hope it finds it's way, feard it would get run over in the parking lot. not to inclined to fly from the cars

Chickflick had a homing pigeon that landed on her back deck. It was not going anywhere so she fed and watered it. It stayed overnight and then flew the next day. It even looked tired poor thing.

Hello everyone,
My name is Karen and I am in SE MI in South Lyon. I have a nice little backyard flock of ISAs, easter eggers, bantam ameraucanas, and d'uccles, but I'd like to add a couple more layers and maybe some more bantams. I was looking at Wyandottes not only for eggs, but they are soooo pretty. I'm striking out on Craigslist and this forum's buy/sell section. Anyone have any pretty layers they like to sell? Thanks,

Karen
Hi Karen

We are practically neighbors! I am in Whitmore Lake. I don't have any for you to buy but if you check out Chicken Stock, you may be able to pick up what you want.

Hi everyone,

I am new to chickens and fairly new to Michigan. I use to live in the UP in Hancock for a year until the CG moved me to NJ for a few years. Now I am back in Michigan as of last august in Grand Haven/Robinson Township. Hope you guys don't mind me joining the Michigan thread since Michigan is the environment my chicks are growing up in and where we are suppose to be living for at least the next couple of years. I have four chicks: two Easter Eggers and two barred rocks (one I may suspect is actually a Roo). Here is a picture of my five week old backyard flock.

Nicole

Hi, CG and Lyon, Welcome to the thread
highfive.gif
check out the Mi spring chicken stock, it is a pot luck fun,fun, day every one welcome some bring chicken,ducks,rabbits,crafts to sell, some of us just come for the good food and fun!!! all are welcome!.

don't have any hens for sale, but some have newly hatched chicks they are thinking of selling. if you hang around here for a while you will find there are more breeds to be had then you ever thought possible
D.gif

Like 1mutts said they will run off if you just let them out straight away. Keep them penned a few weeks before trying to let them out. Mine free range all day and are the last in at night, some nights I have to herd them in because they don't want to go in. If you really want them to get rid of the bugs free range is the way to go. It does make a huge difference. Also they are going to be really noisy at first until they are used to the daily happenings at your place. Once they learn what is safe and normal they aren't as loud; it takes a few months. Ours are 2 and 3 years old so now if we hear them we go look because we know something isn't normal.
My DH has this surgery to look forward to in two weeks.

My new birds arrived last night with no problems. They seem all settled already and are very calm. Maybe some pictures later.
Tap letting your QF free range do they tear up your yard? I have a perennial garden and I want some QF's but was wondering if I have to fence it in?

Back
Top Bottom