Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Power's out here since last night and Consumer's website says tomorrow late PM restoration... Major reports of wind damage one mile to the North of me. So far it looks like all my plastic greenhouses are right where I left them. That hail was unreal!

for those with power out, for along time, put a blanket over your incubator, and if you have hot water you can always put a hot water bottle in the bator to help keep the temp up..

I just found out the small local feed store is taking orders for sexed chicks through mid-summer with no minimum order, and they will have all the breeds available that I am considering.

If I am aiming for 3 hens, do I need to order extras just in case?

This simplifies things! I still want to start coop building here soon, but now I can take my time, and make something a little nicer.

Oh my gosh!

Just went through lk orion with hubby and saw all the storm/tornado damage!

Wires down everywhere! Trees down everywhere! Smashed cars/trucks everywhere and debris all over.

Unfortunately a lot of gauckers out lookin at all the damage which is making it even worse for crew workers and families trying to clean/fix everything.

Looked like buffalo wild wings on m-24 got hit very bad and was in direct path of tornado

smack.gif
tongue.png

Weather.gov says we only had wind gusts of 23-26mph? I do not believe what I'm reading people! I can't tell you how many people I saw repairing their roofs today. Tornado? That's the 1st I heard that... DS's school is already closed due to damages.

Mindylee, we drove through that just after it happened! We got caught in the extreme hail on Orion rd coming in the back of Lake Orion. We had to take detours to get home while dodging trees, shingles and power lines. Buffalo looked packed at the time too. All of the utility poles from walgreens to Buffalo were down. Two cars were smashed. I'm thinking patrons were stuck there because of all the lines down. My son's friend's brother's house in LO had a tree come down through the roof. The professionals say it wasn't a tornado, but the damage says otherwise!

Channel 17 news has a lot of pics. Sparta and rockford and muskegon had extensive damage. One barn in sparta was nothing but matchsticks but the livestock lived through it. I am hoping daron reports in? Everything ok? Urchytil?

Sorry to hear about the storms some of you had. Hopefully everone is ok and gets power back quickly. I looked at the radar last night and was thankful we didn't have any up this way. I'm a big wimp and head for my sewing room that is in the center of the basement when we have any storms.

Took my chicks for their first outside venture today. They did good considering a bunch of adults swooped in hoping chicks meant there may be treats in the area. I think I only have one baby roo.

DH is out working on pig troughs as the piglets arrive next weekend. He also gave up waiting for snow to melt and plowed the field and the 3 foot of snow where the pen needs to be built. Nothing like last minute.

Back
Top Bottom