Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Not sure about the poo ........ are you sure that is what it is? Does she have pests internal or external.........or gleet? You could try posting a photo of said non fluffy butt?

Meca no, not a hook rug hook....I have one of those. Thanks for trying!

So I have to ask....... guys........... when I posted a wet drywall sign on some drywall mudding I had done here at work.........WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TOUCH IT? The fact that there were several signs and and email that went out says it's wet and NOT TO TOUCH IT... is not good enough for ya?

I have video of two guys from work (three actually, but at least he touched a dry area)... one casually thumbed it.. and then showed his buddy his muddy fingers.... another walked one way looking at it, and then 2 seconds later on the way back had his thumb at the ready to stick it in the mud, he stuck it in... walked 3 ft realized he got a gob on his thumb, walked back and smeared it on the wall............... do some guys stop maturing at 12????????
barnie.gif
So I gave the security photos to their manager!

tongue.gif
stick your thumb in my drywall will ya!

So I have to ask....... guys........... when I posted a wet drywall sign on some drywall mudding I had done here at work.........WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TOUCH IT? The fact that there were several signs and and email that went out says it's wet and NOT TO TOUCH IT... is not good enough for ya?
Because it is a challenge. The sign says, "I dare ya".
big_smile.png

Anyone have any clue what this little fellow would be used for? Some fibre art of some sort.
Has a yarn needle on one end and a bent pin on the other... weaving maybe? 4" long.

I found it in a crack in the drive by our storage unit for work. >>Definitely for yarn or the like.

D

Maybe this should be the official chicken stock tee shirt... if everyone going had one... we may help them hit the goal!

I'm getting one.

My hatch is now done. I ended up with 8 chicks, which is only a third of the eggs I'm ok with it because we wanted to end up with 6. The last one however has a mushy abdomen and a dragging umbilical cord, so I'm not sure if she will make it. I have her separated and she keeps peeping so I am holding her to try keep her still. So is incredibly loud for such a tiny bird.

Thank you Silly for your intrest...

I thought just maybe she was egg bound because she was in the nest box when I found her and she appeared to be laboring a little. Her vent was clean and normal colored... but she had normal colored runny poo stuck to her butt feathers.
I reasearched on here for a few minutes and made my post and decided to give her a warm bath... She was falling asleep in the tub but it seemed to make no difference (other than to get the poo off her). I got her out of the tub and into a towel and she passed away in my arms.

I did not do a necropsy because my son was with me and I am sure it would have made him upset to see her opened.

I talked to RaZ and told him they had been caught red handed eating toads recently (Ewwww!) and thought maybe they had made her sick???
I don't know and I feel terrible but she had a little spa treatment before she passed...

RIP Pepper

I have a very important question!!! Please help!

I have a hen that had poo running down her rear. I cleaned it all up and her bum is very soft and swollen. I felt around for an egg and did not feel one stuck.

What else could it be?

My hatch is now done. I ended up with 8 chicks, which is only a third of the eggs I'm ok with it because we wanted to end up with 6. The last one however has a mushy abdomen and a dragging umbilical cord, so I'm not sure if she will make it. I have her separated and she keeps peeping so I am holding her to try keep her still. So is incredibly loud for such a tiny bird.

E coli, possibly from poo on the shell when incubating. Also called mushy chick? If it is unabsorbed egg yolk time under the heat lamp could help but by touching her you've contaminated it too. I lost a preemie hatchling by not knowing, lived 3 days then died. Might die with antibiotics so young, but i'd try a mild dose of tetracyclin in the water to try. Good luck with the wee one!

Sorry about the losses. Tori, i wasn't online and am not up to speed on her symptoms si i can't guess. Sorry about the loss.

BYFM those symptoms are ringing a bell foggily but i can't put a name to it. I believe it was a type of infection, so not contageous.Sorry; i know you care a lot for your girls.

Got another 3 rolls of hardware cloth today. Getting peeved that stores only carry 3 at a time!!! Hit 2 stores thus far. Hopefully i get that run together tomorrow! They will stay in it for the hot part of summer. (Deep shade location+ roof. There is swamp nearby so i'm hoping rolls of screen aren't too much. If they want out to roam i'm going in! Lol. Skeeters so thick they bite your hands even while you are swatting frantically! Birds are harassed and crotchety. My house address is in town- but i feel soooo bad for the poor birds! Getting bit on combs, wattles, and even looked like legs!!! Last year skeeters broughg my first ever case of pox for two of them :(

Got another 3 rolls of hardware cloth today. Getting peeved that stores only carry 3 at a time!!! Hit 2 stores thus far. Hopefully i get that run together tomorrow! They will stay in it for the hot part of summer. (Deep shade location+ roof. There is swamp nearby so i'm hoping rolls of screen aren't too much. If they want out to roam i'm going in! Lol. Skeeters so thick they bite your hands even while you are swatting frantically! Birds are harassed and crotchety. My house address is in town- but i feel soooo bad for the poor birds! Getting bit on combs, wattles, and even looked like legs!!! Last year skeeters broughg my first ever case of pox for two of them
sad.png
maybe this might help control them without chemicals? I haven't tried it yet but am going to today. the mosquitoes are just nuts this year!!
MyConnecticutKids.com
Have you noticed the Mosquitos are already out! Here is a homemade trap to help keep you and the kiddos from being a blood donor!!!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
Items needed:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
HOW:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.

Last week Hope and I weeded the flower beds of an elderly lady she knows. When we finished the lady asked if we would consider doing the same thing for her neighbor who is undergoing chemo therapy. So of course we agreed to help.

Today was the day were had scheduled to go there but for the last several days Hope has been suffering from an extremely painful bout of sciatica, making sitting, standing, walking, and even lying down very difficult. This morning her condition hadn't improved plus my arthritis has flared up making using my left hand difficult.

After a brief discussion we decided that it would have to wait for another day and I thought how difficult this aging is. When you start thinking about all the associated problems it becomes very easy to feel sorry for ones self.

However, when Hope called to inform the lady that we would have to reschedule, the woman's husband said that she had worsened and was currently in the hospital with internal bleeding. Suddenly our aches and pains didn't seem quite so difficult. We all can be guilty of feeling sorry for ourselves when we should be thankful for the things we do have.

Back
Top Bottom