Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Silly, if you have time can you PM me a pic of the walk-in, and the boys house.

Being a creative fabricator I've (almost) decided to build my own barn lights. I have a medium in mind but here's the basic desired outcome. I plan to run 4 lights down each side of the barn leaving the center isle open. Each light will either be a CFL flood or LED flood both of which produce 1200 lumens. I'm not going for a "brighter than the sun" outcome but rather a workable place in the evening. I think they'll hang down by pipe with brackets attached to the joists. Picture your heat lamp reflector you probably use for brooders. I need to find a free, or cheap, source for the "dish" part. I have one idea that is not dish shaped but don't want to mention it or ideas may not flow. Any ideas?

Yeah I can take some picts for you. I do have one handy cause we just did this yesterday. Finally got one of the sliding doors made and installed! We will have another just like this on the other side. We keep finding things to modify on this shelter but it serves the purpose pretty well. Wish DH wasn't so stingy about running power out there. One light barely cuts it.

You could always bend some duct metal into a shade and paint the inside with white heat resistant paint...

FREE!
I have a wood pile full of old deck boards. Some pretty nice and others not so much. Good hard wood. My circular saw is exhausted.
Full of nails and way too much work for this old lady. No picking and choosing you take all.
I am in Davison near Flint.

I am still officially at war with predators. Earlier this week I lost another Welsummer chick to what I assume to be raccoons. The cage the birds are in is 2' wide, 2' high, and 4' long. It has a wire grid of 1/2" except the top and 4" of the high most edge of one side which is 1" x 2".. The chicks are only 3 weeks old and I wouldn't have believed that coons could reached them. Yet, somehow they did as I discovered a headless chick lying in the bottom of the cage.

I set numerous traps in the area and the next morning caught an old boar of close to 20 lbs. Since Thursday I've gotten 1 coon and 3 skunks. The skunks were all caught by conibear traps and while two were dead, the 3rd somehow was caught by the nose. Not wanting to chance being in close proximity to a very anger skunk I stood back 20' to shoot it. While I knew there would be minimal odor from the dead skunks I was surprised that the nose caught skunk didn't spray.

2x6's maybe 5 footers 1x5's long boards are over 10 feet

assorted sizes with 1.5x1.5 deck rails in middle The whole pile

The boards i am working with to make floor in outside turkey roost. I'm not finished yet but have high hopes for monday :).
wood on ground looks better in picture but still usable.

stairs with 2 decent risers. there are 2 more riser in the pile in iffie condition. wood still in the weeds

The good stuff. 2x6's-10 footers and in good shape.

There is some railing from chickflick's that also can go. Eyeballing the pile i would say at least two good truck loads possibly three. I want it all gone.

Matt you are first in line

Cleaned out a bunch of weeds and some grapevine from a spot out behind our barn that hasn't been cleaned out in a long time. picked off some of the bigger bunches of grapes and tossed them in for the girls, then piled up our snowmobile trailer with the weeds, vines, and young saplings what were in that spot. Tossed that all onto a brush pile we're going to set off sometime after the beans are off the field. Then, while removing a bush that's by our propane tank, I took the corner a little too sharp with the quad and I bashed the trailer into the rear bumper of my car.
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif

Mostly its just a cosmetic damage, going to have to get some estimates, see if I can get it replaced fairly cheap or if I just opt to get some NASCAR tape to keep that corner of the bumper from flapping in the breeze.

Opa, hope you can get all those rascals soon, we have been very lucky here, have not had a problem other then the wood chuck, and we finally got enough fencing and cement blocks around so he has gone else ware. My neighbor feeds birds and there fore lots of other critters. They are moving in a few weeks, I hope they don't come up here to eat

My grandson doesn't have work today so I am hoping he will finish the coop he has been working on for me all summer. I picked up a free truck topper, thought it would make a good chicken shelter, so he made me a coop with the topper as the roof, NOT as easy as I thought
hide.gif
he keeps telling me" I can make a real roof for you !!" will get some picks when it is done

'

Back
Top Bottom