Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Oak floors are the best! Mary
I agree. we have some nasty gouges here and there, but all in all they look good. I'm going to try and do whatever I can to clean 'em up. For being old as heck (house is 1900) they' are pretty much serviceable as is. Once we refinish they'll be even more great :-D

More hay in today. Almost got the loft all filled, maybe room for one more wagon up there. then we stack some down the back aisle way. really hoping it stays dry all week here so that we can get the last of it in. especially since in 2 weeks me and the girlfriend are planning to go up to Mackinac Island and the UP.

Hello folks! I got logged out and had trouble getting back in. When I posted last our broody was sitting on 5 fertile self blue bantam Cochin eggs. Here they are today- two months later.

We are keeping a pullet, and selling the other 4. We never expected all 5 to hatch! If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Last edited:
I am thinking it is a rooster as well. When I first started I was wanting 3 hens.That would have been perfect! But then the Hubby built a 2 story condo for the Peeps and I have room for more than just 3 so I thought 4-5 would be nice... I want 2 easter eggers I think :)

Aright fellow Michiganders, with even more rain coming through I'm ready to start exploring mosquito options. I've heard of some stuff from TSC that's like 30 bucks, Wisdom TC Flowable.

I normally would not be keen on spraying, but they are so bad here, I'm at a point where I can't get outside project done. I inhaled 2 a couple nights ago and immediately started puking for about 15 minutes straight. Not to mention they're attacking the dogs, the chickens, the ducks, and us.

I want to use something that will be fairly safe for all of us, but still be effective. Any recommendations?

Aright fellow Michiganders, with even more rain coming through I'm ready to start exploring mosquito options. I've heard of some stuff from TSC that's like 30 bucks, Wisdom TC Flowable.

I normally would not be keen on spraying, but they are so bad here, I'm at a point where I can't get outside project done. I inhaled 2 a couple nights ago and immediately started puking for about 15 minutes straight. Not to mention they're attacking the dogs, the chickens, the ducks, and us.

I want to use something that will be fairly safe for all of us, but still be effective. Any recommendations?
If you do find something, let us know... I live in the UP, and it's so bad in the spring and late summer months, during the hatches.

If you do find something, let us know... I live in the UP, and it's so bad in the spring and late summer months, during the hatches.
will do. I've heard the Wisdom stuff is good, but there seems to be mixed opinions on using it around livestock. Some folks here on BYC have said it's no problem, others have said they won't spray it.

Back
Top Bottom