Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

OMchick - Howard is adorable. Hope his foot heals quickly. We are headed your way today. I'm not looking toward to going through both Petoskey and TC on a Friday afternoon!:(

The coyote was back and DH missed it. So I was considering the fact there is no way I can lock up all my flocks right now, they all free range. I fixed two pens so they are enclosed and then started considering what to do about the rest. DH tells me there is some at work being scrapped he can bring home. I wasn't sure what to expect. This is what I got.

I know some may think it's not tall enough but I like it so the guineas can fly out if they want but it gives the non flyers more protection.

I've also started with fall preparations by putting down a new layer of wood chips in expectation of fall rains and mud.

I did also find a great necropsy resource if anyone needs it. I had two roosters die of what appeared to be heart related. We looked at the second and found nothing notable except a case of minor case of mites and two small dark spots on his heart. So I keep watching the flock and we'll see what develops. I talked to the vet who was helpful. I love how he tells me " it's not AI, if it was half your flock would already be dead". :/ Not really encouraging.

Also ISO a call duck, either sex, within a couple hours of Mackinaw.

I would think Petoskey would be ok, TC traffic is horrible. Especially now that they are building a round a bout on M72! Worst idea ever.

I would think Petoskey would be ok, TC traffic is horrible. Especially now that they are building a round a bout on M72! Worst idea ever.

The roundabout is already in and people have no idea how to use it. Hahahahhahaha! Traffic isn't nearly as bad as it was earlier in the summer when they were working on the roads.

Petoskey traffic is bad east side where the road is 2 lane, and dismal in Charlevoix thanks to the 2-lane drawbridge over the river and through downtown. The way down is 2 lane for most of it, and traffic in the summer is very heavy - especially this year. Drive safely.

Hi! I have 2 drake ancona ducks that need rehoming... we ended up with 3 drakes and 2 hens. Looking to possibly trade for a female duck. But if not, finding our extra boys a home would be nice. We raised them from chicks and are very attached, prefer not to have them end up as dinner. We're in the mid-michigan area. PM if interested.

The boys are the three in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom