Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

As the years go by and your kids grow up and move away, Christmas loses the magic. My children are all grown and only one son has given me a grandchild. Unfortunately, she is almost grown and lives in Missouri. So Christmas was becoming just another day that lots of folks have the day off.

However, as we celebrated Christmas yesterday with a dinner with Hope's two sons and their families it once again became a time of wonder. Of the five grandkids that Hope has, three are still young enough to believe in Santa. For the two youngest, twin 3 year old girls, this was the first Christmas that they were truly excited. They were insistent that I should help them watch the night skies for the arrival of old St. Nick.

The view from our great room windows is unobstructed and you can see the railroad line approximately a half mile away. Just a their parents were trying to get ready to go home, one of the twins happened to see a string of red lights moving slowly across the horizons. Both girls were convinced that it must be the lights on Santa's team. (warning lights so the reindeer won't get struck by planes)

Trying to get them to leave the window became quite a difficult and humorous task. They kept insisting that it was Santa and they couldn't leave.

It has been far to many years since I have witnessed the excitement and wonderment of small children at Christmas and after everyone had gone I just sat in my chair, by the light of our tree, and gave quiet thanks for the joy of Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone

Beautiful story, Sam. Children definately make the magic in Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas with all my kids and grandkids here.

Hope you have a wonderful day, Sam, and everyone!

Yes, RaZ, I remember the uggos. Think Mom2em was the funniest with her antics with them. Miss that woman. Hope she's doing well.

Silly so sorry about your boy. You did great nursing back to health and keeping him moving. The uggos were great! I still have several showgirls and mixes and love them.

I think of mom2em and miss her. We still have a frizzled Polish pair, Benny and June, she gave my son a few years back.

Our fun Christmas included high winds and losing power at 3 am on the 24th. While my brother and brother in law were out in lines fighting over generators my DH went to the shed, took out the older generator we had been given years ago, remagnetized it and fired it up. We have geothermal heat and the generator isn't big enough to keep all that running but it did great for a space heater and light. My sister cooked a turkey in the grill last night and today we had ribs on the grill. Our power is back now and it is a Christmas to remember. DH had to work today but it was a minor thing compared to the power company guys.

Yes, RaZ, I remember the uggos. Think Mom2em was the funniest with her antics with them. Miss that woman. Hope she's doing well.
She started me with my first ones, Gravy and Nugget. In keeping with that, she gave me a black silkie a couple of weeks ago. Darn thing has, like 15 toes.
She is doing well.

Hi Hummer :)

Children make Christmas magical. Since there are no young ones left in our family, it is more of a really great meal. I do miss being around my family.

Power went off at my house all day on Thursday - I was ready to have my house sitter relocate my cats down to my office when it finally came back on. Fortunately temp was above freezing. If that has happened last winter it would have been big trouble.

It has been far to many years since I have witnessed the excitement and wonderment of small children at Christmas and after everyone had gone I just sat in my chair, by the light of our tree, and gave quiet thanks for the joy of Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone
Thanks for sharing, love Christmas, our youngest grands are 9yr old twins still fun. But the joy of having a mentally challenged adult in the house is that he still wants to believe in santa. He turns on the north pole tracking, goes to bed VERY early. ( most nights he stays up till 2 in the am.) on Christmas eve, he is in bed by 8. and falls asleep watching sant go around the world. Keeps me up dated on where he is and how many pkgs. have been delivered.
We lost power around 11 PM on the 23rd, came back on about 8PM on the 24th. we have a generator, runs freezer, sump pump and a few other things. fire place keeps us warm. as long as we have water I am happy and we can make do.

Silly how do you like the geo.thermal I always wondered how well that works?

I loved the uggo's, made the thread fun.

Raz thank you for keeping us updated on people and events, Sorry to hear about the young man in the crash. I do remember seeing him at SC. 34 is so young, I feel for his young wife and children. how very sad.

I have a silver Ameraucana roo, just started crowing this AM. I planned to cull him as I only wish to keep 2 roos and he is ##3. any one interested let me know. there is a hen that is from the same hatch. also silver A. they are very close and would be willing to let her go with him if anyone is interested. ..I will try to get some pics to post today

I have a silver Ameraucana roo, just started crowing this AM. I planned to cull him as I only wish to keep 2 roos and he is ##3.  any one interested let me know. there is a hen that is from the same hatch. also silver A. they are very close and would be willing to let her go with him if anyone is interested. ..I will try to get some pics to post today

Back
Top Bottom