Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Well... it's been a long time since I have signed in here. To be honest, it has been more than a few years since we had our birds. We kept chickens for about 5 years and really enjoyed it. Looking to make this year the year we get back in. I am in Detroit proper and looking for someone who has either chicks or pullets for sale in SE Michigan. If anyone can help or even point me in the right direction it would be so very much appreciated. The BYC forums have always been chocked full of good folks and good resources, glad to be back aboard.

I have a nice variety in Shelby Township.

Spring is coming, the sap is rising and our roosters aren't getting along. So I have to rehome my Dominique rooster Rocky. He keeps picking on my boy Galahad (a cochin) so its time.

I live in Harbor Springs, he is 11 months old and FREE. I don't mind traveling a bit to bring him to you, he really is a nice boy he just isn't getting on with Galahad.

Shout me a message if you are interested.

As you all may know I am pretty busy . I have five brooders in my house and four in the garage

I think I have my first broody. She's been in the nest since yesterday afternoon. She's an 8 mos old BO. I only have 3 pullets right now and a cockerel with space for up to 12 birds I think. I ordered 4 pullets that are coming in 4 weeks. How does this broody thing wor exactly. Will she still be laying and collecting her clutch for a while yet or does the 3 weeks incubation start now? I have no idea how many if any at all she has under her. I'm fairly certain my eggs are fertile. I'm wondering if I can add the chicks I've ordered to her group if hers hatch around the time I receive the new ones. I have a 4ft dog kennel in the coop right now that I was planning to use as a brooder for the chicks I ordered. Should I move mama and her best there with food and water and figure out something else for the other chicks?

Grrrrrr..... Slow day at work here today. Think I'm going to try calling an Amish guy and see if I can get him to come over sometime soon to do an estimate on our barn roof.

They are the keepers. Out of 150. What u see is what mad the cut or should I say didn't make the cut. Anyone looking for svart Hona roosters I have some. And they were hand selected and as u can see they are dark. I would say black but that is just an argumentative statement. Lol. There are no fibro birds that are Truly black. Close to it tho. U can't even see them that good in detail in pics but oh well

Back
Top Bottom