Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yuck! Staying away from having a real fit and sending all to hell. :rant:duc So, I just played all day and slept. Will go out to the check on the kids and back to my room. I guess I put myself on time out! :lau

My three remaining eggs hatched for Easter. Needless to say, they aren’t all Orloffs. One of the Showgirls was sneaking in to lay eggs! The dark orloff was breech and needed help out of the shell. I wasn’t sure it would make it but it recovered well.

Thankfully most of our snow melted today. I’m too tired of the mess our weather is to even muster the energy to whine about it any more. Most of my frustration comes out while doing chores.

I spent a bit of time putting netting over the runs so everyone will be contained. Over the weekend I had a call about an owl I’m sure had AI about 20 miles from my home. I doubt it will end up tested. Today I’ve gotten two unconfirmed reports of two flocks in the same county that tested positive. If the netting doesn’t work clipping wings is the last resort. I’ve never tried before and may need some instruction.

AC7DDCA2-0263-4A4F-9031-A662DDD930CC.jpeg

The AI is way too close for comfort here, so the birds will be in for however much longer that's necessary. :(
I'm close to Lansing too, near Perry. Welcome! And i agree that your run isn't all that safe, and with avian influenza so close, having them under a roof of some sort will be best too.
Mary
Hi Mrs Mary, How is the husband?

Back
Top Bottom