Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Considering my netting job was sub par it did rather well the first day. Only 1 Guinea, 1 peafowl and 3 chickens escaped. They didn’t go far, just hung out at the fence wanting back in. My largest run is 30x30’ and the ground is still frozen so adding permanent support was out. I also discovered a chicken size hole where a staple had pulled out from the fence on one of the posts.
I stupidly thought closing up at night would be easier with them contained. The peas normally follow me in the man door looking for treats. They would not go in the little door so I had to physically catch each one and shove them through the door.
It’s raining again today so I anticipate only the geese out enjoying it.

That's why I love my automatic pop door. Throw some scratch in the run and they all go running in and put themselves to bed.
Huh, I don't remember a smell from the garter snakes when I picked them up as a child. I played with them a lot.

It's a nice sunny day here. Really brings out the brilliance of the birds. I could sit here and watch them all day. Alas, the chores won't get done if I do that. So I better get out there and get busy. Maybe I'll see the snake again.
gf5.jpg
gf4.jpg
gf3.jpg
gf1.jpg

Attachments

• gf2.jpg
    gf2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1
Coffee grounds are good mulch for acid loving plants, like blueberries. That's what I want them for.

Good for compost piles too.
OhGood, you haven't fallen for the coffee grounds chicken bedding fad.

I saved coffee ground for a gardener friend, thought she put them on her tomato plants.

Back
Top Bottom