Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Just got caught up here, didn't get notifications (again!). DH is back in the hospital again too, so I'm tired and distracted...
Five week old Cackle chicks are doing great, this week's Cackle chicks also doing well, and more coming next week! Fun!
I will have birds to bring to Chickenstock, more info later when I figure out who it will be.
Poor Snowbird! Glad he's doing better.
Mary

Low here tonight in the upper 30s, but we're close enough to the big lake that it probably won't get that cold. Not that we don't expect that cold weather still, as we are in the middle of glorious daffodil season so a little chill is expected.
I think there are times that the north wind is coming from your house right down the lake to my front porch. The windscreens were frosted over yesterday morning. Wore my coat to work in the morning and carried it home after. Michigan, eh?

Saw my cardiologist and he is mad at me. Seems that I'm not supposed to take allergy decongestants as they raise my heart rate. Nobody ever told me that before. I guess a low heart rate is better than not breathing. :confused:

I don't know what I'm going to do with all these eggs being sat on. I'm pretty sure that the chicken eggs will prove infertile and I can only hope that the duck eggs are duds too. If they all hatch I'll have to rent a U-haul to bring them to Chicken Stock. :D

We still need a fire in the woodstove. Yeah, Michigan.

DH made it back safely from his trip to Rensselaer, IN. He has a relative who was a photographer there in the 1890s. DH went to the local historical society and spent 3 hours talking to the curator (?) of the place. He had a great time. I could see it in his eyes when he was telling me about it.

ETA: I misspelled the town's name.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom