Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

That's what I use chickin fairy, just sprinkle a handful in when it seems smelly. It is heavier and larger in size so less likely to become suspended and breathed in. Everything you put in the coop is basically at the chicken's respiration level, so things like dust, ammonia, strong oils like cedar, and other stuff affects them quite a lot.

You want to check down at chicken level for odors, not at human height, by the time they rise up they are usually very strong at chicken level.
Thank you! I ran out of PDZ, so I'm reordering. My coop floor height is at my waist level, so I get a good sniff when I go in for eggs. Thank you! That's good to remember.

I haven't posted for quite some time so I'll bore you all with this.
All the littles have been in the coop for a couple of weeks and fine with the arrangements. They put themselves to bed at night but like to wait until the last bit of light is gone. It looks like only one of the chicks is a roo. The BO roo has full comb and wattles and is nearly the size of the adult hens. He hasn't start to crow yet. The pullets are entertaining; they like to chest bump each other until they get tired then they all take a nap in a dogpile. The ducklings are trying to quack. They are so skittish that I can't get close enough to look for drake feathers. I'll find out what's what swoon enough. I hope it's mostly hens.

I have the LTD put back together again. Just in time for the Cheeseburger car show tomorrow. One short test drive showed a heater hose leak that I fixed. I'll take her for a better shake down drive this afternoon then come back to get he3r all gussied up. She has only been driven a few times this year and not since early March.

For those of you keeping score of my injuries, you can add a twisted knee and fall to your scorecard. That was yesterday and today it is twice the size of the right knee.

Anyway, enjoy your day. It's beautiful out there.

Cosmo and some bantams in the barnyard.
IMG_1885.JPG

Back
Top Bottom